Bought a boat that came with a BUNCH of stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don't ski or wake board nor does my family...I suppose keeping a set around in case we have a guest on the water is an option, but how to I know what any of this stuff is worth if anything? boat came with wake skate, wake board, tube, buncha ropes, a vintage O'Brien slalom, another newer slalom, and a couple sets of regular skis; one set is "extra wide". I'm not sure if I want to store it all; we are keeping the tube and wondered if the other stuff was worth keeping or trying to price & sell?

MudIsFun

Seaman
Craigslist... should give you an idea of what you can sell those items for, if you so chose to.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
it's hard to say without pictures. The old slalom ski it probably worth 50 bucks tops. 40-50 bucks for combos. Maybe 100 for the wakeboard. What kind of ski is the newer one ?

USA_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm storing it all in my covered trailer with my lawn mower and junk...I'll get out there and take some pics eventually and report back but I think it says HO on it.

I'd probably keep one set of skis in case anyone ever wanted to try...but I'm too old & sore and my step daughters and their boyfriends are entitled softies so I don't ever see them trying anything new or risky like a wake skate LOL.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
once you try wakeboarding, you will get a bug and want to do it.

the wider skis are for beginners, helps get on top of the water easier and at a much slower speed

i have 4 sets of skis myself, one was bought the summer after I was born. learned to ski on those. so they will never be sold. the others are a cet of wake-board skis, a set of combos and a junk set that came with my first boat (will become wall art along with the old Gale outboard)

MikeBiggers

Recruit
Hi, everyone. I did't want to create a new topic, the question is pretty banal. I thought about buying a small cutter for fishing, entertainment such as water skis and relaxing with my family. Some damn are expensive. So what you think about this Bayliner 275 Cruiser? I think it's too expensive. Can found good options on the used market to $20K?

Status
Not open for further replies.