VuVantage Video waterskiing

firstx1017

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We tried our VuVantage backpack this past weekend. With my hip needing hip replacement soon, I wanted some video of me single skiing in case I may never be able to do this anymore. Got some of the hubby too. It's very hard to try to position the camera - got it a little too low and with my short height I had a lot of water spray in the video. Not so much when my hubby wore it. For beginners, we are having a blast. Appt. with the OS Thursday to see what is in store with my hip.

milehighjc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Nice video Vickie! What I would give to ski on water like that!

All the best to you with the OS tomorrow, hope the news is good!

firstx1017

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well, definitely need hip replacement. I am bone on bone on my left hip. Right hip shows osteoarthritis, but not as bad. It's my left hip with shooting pain when I stand up. I have a large bone spur on the X-ray and a cyst - all would be taken care of with hip replacement. Because I want to have one last snowboard season I am going to try to put it off a little while. I am going to try the shots in the hips first and see if that can stall me awhile. From all I've read and the seminar I went to, usually the shots don't work or only work a short period of time and then the pain comes back and eventually need surgery - which I already know I will be having. I want to put this off until I just can't stand the pain anymore. Since it doesn't actually hurt me to waterski and I can still get up - I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. Who says how I"ll feel in 2 months thought! lol He says our active lifestyle is aggravating my hip, but he says if I want to waterski when all is said and done, he would say go for it and see how I do. I found a website that a guy was single skiing 6 months after surgery - he waited a year to snow ski. So, hopefully that is what I will aim for. Until then, Advil is on my diet now......

honda400ex2003

Petty Officer 3rd Class
nice video! youll be out again, dont worry. its all about what you really want to do!

steve