I am getting a new\used 2004 Larson 228 LXI and I need a wake board tower with bimini

PAPutzback

Recruit
I am assuming since the place I am buying the boat from is larger dealer for our area (Indianapolis, IN) that they should have experience in installing towers and know how to beef up the hull to handle the stress of the tower. But when we get to that step of the purchase I will be sure to ask what they do to beef up the boat to handle it. But I am wondering what brands are decent, and which ones people have had good or bad experiences with. I plan on getting the Bimini top also and I am curious if the Bimini top affects wake boarding, can you leave the tops up on all tower models, or do some have to be folded out of the way. When I look at the pictures of towers I get the feeling that some one could go out so wide that the rope could get under the Bimini. Is that possible? Anyways I look forward to your thoughts. Does anyone know of a site that has reviews?

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You can get biminis that mount on the tower and some that are two part. My bimini fits under the tower and that works really well. The difficulty is that some can't go back as far.
The only site I know of that had tower reviews was owned by the company that imported the one with the best review. Lots of bias on it.
Your dealer will have a few towers that they normally install and are probably fine. Reinforcement for the tower is not hard. Just remember not to pull tubes from the tower. Get a rack or two to help store boards or skis. They are a great bonus for a tower.

Good Luck.