Another Beginer wakeboard thread...

hostage

Lieutenant
I own a boat, water skis, and a tube. A friend that I do a lot of down hill (snow) skiing with wants to try wake boarding and is willing to buy a board. We both have size 10.5 and he ways about 170 and I am at about 185. I think he is about 1" shorter than me. He is a little more crazier than I am, though what suggestions do you guys have? We were taking a look at the Hyperlite Vapor 139cm board for about $239

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That should be good. You can start off using the ski rope but you will very quickly ant to get a zero stretch rope.
If you have a choice, get good boots. The comfort makes a difference.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Buy a Ronix One 138cm. It is the most forgiving wakeboard you will ever ride. The the center edges are rounded so if you land a little sideways the board will not dig in and face plant you. The soft edges also make it a little slower which means more stability when you are hitting the wake for a jump. I went from landing 70 percent of my jumps to 95-99 percent of all of jumps when I got that board. I have quite a few friends who ride it too. The board will save you from injuring yourself. You should be able to find one on Craigslist for a couple of hundred bucks used.