Roswell Area 51 versus Area 52 Tower

Zerbel04

Seaman
Does anyone have any insight as to which of these two Roswell towers is the better value. Our local boat show is in 10 days and I'd really like to pick one up. According to a dealer I spoke with the Area 52 is most popular and a better tower. But for the price diff and accessories included I'm not so sure.

Area 51 Classic Full Load - Approx $2,000 installedWakeboard Tower Package - Full Load - Roswell Wake-Air

Area 52 - $2,800 installed
Wakeboard Tower Area 51 - Roswell Wake-Air

All input and personal experience appreciated

Cheers

Zerbel04

Seaman
Re: Roswell Area 51 versus Area 52 Tower

Hmmm no responses. Clearly a limited market for this thread.

Guess I'll wing it this weekend at the boat show and go with my gut.

Cheers.

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bought the 52, not installed yet, but a nice looking unit sitting in my spare room...!

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

I bought one aswell at our boat show 2 weeks ago. I have it assembled on the floor and put one mount on yesturday. I think is a little on the spendy side, but I liked the way its made and the way it looks.....

Ken

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

Here is a pic of the rear mounts, elec connection and the tower mounted in the collasped position. I can't install the front mounts untill I can get the boat outside as it's to tall to stand up in the shop. Today it is -20*C/1*F and there is about 2 feet of snow. Going to be above freezing next week, I hope.

IMG_03791.jpg

Did you buy one?

Ken

Zerbel04

Seaman

I put a deposit down on the Area 52. The dealer said the Area 52 is by far the most popular of the two. It's polished instead of brushed aluminum. Also has quick release for collapsing whereas 51 you have to unscrew the bolt. Also had more solid mounting brackets. Other than that minor differences.

In the dealer opinion the brushed aluminum looks like crap compared to the polished.

Anyway I have a few weeks to change my mind on which tower I want.

Mind if I ask what you paid Ken?

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know where you are located, but here we pay 12% tax on top of the price. I paid $2200.00 plus taxes and am installing it myself.

Ken