Go Pro Wakeboard mounting places?

PMP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey Guys, My boat is about ready to hit the lake and I picked up a go pro Hero for my racecar and wanted to get some videos wakeboarding this year. What mounts are you guys using? Thinking it would be cool to mount it to the board its self but worried about loosing it.. Maybe putting it on a teather or something? I have seen a video of it on a helmet and its cool but the view is only cool for a minute or two.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Go Pro Wakeboard mounting places?

The coolest wake shots I've seen have been from the handle or rope. GoPro is so wide angle that from the boat is too far away.
I would avoid the board without a tether and even then the tether would get in the water while you ride.

PMP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The coolest wake shots I've seen have been from the handle or rope. GoPro is so wide angle that from the boat is too far away.
I would avoid the board without a tether and even then the tether would get in the water while you ride.

I wonder how that would work out when I crash, Seems like that is a lot of pressre if its on the rope or handle?
I was thinking about setting up a tube at a shorter rope then me and rigging it up on that? maybe even have someone on the tube filming?

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a GoPro as well and have been wondering the same thing as far as where to mount it to get sweet shots. Rope handle would be neat, but how would it hold up to when you drop it I wonder...

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Interesting.....

Attachments

• Surfboard-Mount-683x425-06.jpg
    Surfboard-Mount-683x425-06.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0

Al Bee

Cadet

Always use a leash! & a Floaty! ... Install the mount the day before, and warm the board AND the double sided tape before attaching. 3M also has a double sided tape that is a charcoal, almost black color that is way more stickier than the grey. I'm working on an idea for the camera to be attached above the rope with a weight below the rope to help keep it upright... any thoughts would like to be heard :)

The surf mount is ideal as it has the most surface area with double sided tape.

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well I found a go-pro video where its mounted to the wakeboard and on my own lake no less....

oldjeep

Admiral

Make sure to use a leash. I had my gopro mounted to the back of one of my skis (snow) during a race and kicked the thing hard enough at a gate to remove the un removable tape. Luckily it was returned to me, but if it was in the water it would be gone.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

104_7507.jpg

I mounted my gopro to a frame for an acid mask. It is very lightweight and doesn't impede any view. The frame is adjustable so that when you put it on, you can tighten it down all the way until your veins pop out LOL. I used the shipping plate from inside the carton and bolted it to the top of the frame. The beauty is that your head remains relatively stable and the video is mostly what you actually see. Of course, always use a safety lanyard. Mine is an old heavy duty shoelace with a wrist loop.

Google youtube: Frank Acampora videos to see some examples. Or youtube Mini Boat Chrysler 60.

Hmmm! Just noticed: This is a year old thread revived.

Last edited:

survivor2

Recruit

you can place it in as many places as u can imagine, but always fix it firmly with a cord
i uded it on boards nose,
also with two riders at the same time, one with shorter rope filming the other,
P1060558 small.jpgG0060096 small.jpg

Lake Lizzard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Get a wakeboarding helmet and mount it on there. Facing forward and reverse would get you some really great video!