Wakeboard mounts without a Tower

LFTDJEEP

Cadet
I own a 2002 Glastron SX195 and when we have a semi-full boat there is no where to put the wakeboard. I don't have a grand to drop on a tower (wish I did) but I'm thinking about how I could mount a rack somewhere on the boat. the ski hold already has skiis and a wakeskate in it and I usually strap the tube across the sun deck when not in use. I was thinking about mounting a wakeboard rack to the transom somehow so the boards are held directly over the lower unit? I don't want to to look any more ghetto than it already will so I'd like to have to somewhat symetrical. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

searay12

Cadet
Re: Wakeboard mounts without a Tower

on ebay there are some that hang off the cleats. they are listed with the towers. look like a good way to go but for what a tower cost now days they might not be that much cheaper. also check out the avenger vortex tower its what i have and was only 850 with the 2 board racks a tower is really worth the money, used mine for the first time this weekend and it was great nice to get the boards out of the boat.

Attachments

• p_00111.jpg
    p_00111.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1

LFTDJEEP

Cadet

I wondered about flat mounting a tower rack to the back of the boat. I doubt that the bimini top would be stout enough, at least not mine, to support the weight. Sitting still probably but turning and hitting waves with that added weight would probably bend the support poles or putt the mounts from the hull.

Those towers look sweet but its still $850. Eventually it would be cool and the idea has been in my head since we got the boat.

sharps45

Petty Officer 2nd Class

'on ebay there are some that hang off the cleats. they are listed with the towers. look like a good way to go'
These aren't on ebay right now but you can check them out at www.rustysracks.com. Prices on website are out of date, they go now for $75 to $85. Each will hold 2 wakeboards.

pm for more info if interested.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer