World Industries wakeboards?

made in china

Seaman
I am looking at getting my first wakeboard. I have wakeboarded before, and I know I need a 142+ size board.

Looking for opinions on the World Industries Smile 143. When I was a kid, I used to ride World Industries skateboards, pretty good stuff in the 90's. Not sure if they successfully transferred over to the wakeboard world.

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: World Industries wakeboards?

Here in Canada they sell world industries board at Canadian Tires, which translates to very cheaply made and very very entry level, I would stay away from them. Check your local pro-shop, if they know their stuff, they will point you in the right directions!

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

I would suggest you stick with either Hyperlite, CWB, Liquid Force, or Ronix. They all make packagesthat should fit your budget and are all reputable companies that stand behind their product. Plus, any of their boards should last you afew years as you progress and won;t be limited by your equipment.

made in china

Seaman

Thanks guys. I kind of figured World Industries sold their name off to some shadowy LLC. I have a Sports Authority near my house and they carry CWB and World Industries, but no Ronix.

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

FWIW, I ride Hyperlite... have an Apex 142 and a Murray 142. Both with Hyperlite Bindings. The Murray has Remix XL and the Apex has the Era L on them.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I believe the world industries boards are Nash or hydro-slide brand. I went with a hydroslide wakeboard because I have always been highly satisfied with their kneeboards, and their starter skis are pretty good. However, I was not progressing as fast wakeboardign on the hydroslide one as I was on a buddies CWB. Thus, I watched craigslist and now have a premium brand. I hope this gets me back on track in terms of progressing again.

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It all comes to personal preference when picking a premium board. I ride a Ronix One with Ronix One bindings, I love the set-up and love Ronix. But pick any pro model and you will be quite satisfied, maybe check a few videos and see which rider you want to model your riding style to, chances are the pro-riders board is designed to help his or her style!

made in china

Seaman

I believe the world industries boards are Nash or hydro-slide brand. I went with a hydroslide wakeboard because I have always been highly satisfied with their kneeboards, and their starter skis are pretty good. However, I was not progressing as fast wakeboardign on the hydroslide one as I was on a buddies CWB. Thus, I watched craigslist and now have a premium brand. I hope this gets me back on track in terms of progressing again.

Thanks for the insight, this is a good point as I used to wakeboard 10 yrs ago, once I get my legs under me and my stamina up I would probably be expecting too much from a cheaper board. It just wouldn't make sense to waste money on a wakeboard setup that isn't ideal.

Everyone seems to like Ronix, and I used to ride Hyperlite which was great back then so I'll probably just stick with either one of those.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have only ridden CWM and Liquid Force premium boards. I just picked up a sweet liquid force, not because of the brand, but because the price was right on craigslist. I can't wait to try it out! $100 bucks for a brand new looking LF fish!

made in china

Seaman

sweet man, good score. I've been watching CL too. There seems to be two kinds of deals on CL: The person expecting nearly full retail for something, and the person clucking stuff for a great deal. I'm waiting for the latter!

ECVCHAMP

Seaman

I have 2 Ronix and 1 Hyperlite. I buy all my boards from a boat show and get last years model at about 50-60% off. I get them with boots as a package deal. I realy like the performance of my Ronix.