Costco wakeboards

Roller

Cadet
Anyone see the wakeboards at costco for 99 in Canadian just wondering if theyre any good Im new to the whole sport and one thread said it didnt matter much for begginers just checking Im 5'10" and 205 lbs so what length would I look for . Thanks for any info !!

blainer75

Cadet
Re: Costco wakeboards

i havent seen the costco boards so i have no idea if they are decent or not. For you size you will need at least a 138 board and i would suggest a 140.

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

I'm 6' 220 and ride a 142.

The Costco boar will be a waste of moeny if you even get remotely interested in the sport. The bindings suck, the boar will wear out quickly and feel like a wet noodle, and it lacks good engineereing, which means you will be replacing it as soon as you get past just rising behind the boat.

new boat guy

Seaman

are obrian boards good? whats a good brand of them? i'll be getting one in a few weeks

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Good brands are: Hyperlite, CWB, Slingshot, Liquidforce.

fab9racing

Seaman Apprentice

after you learn to ride you can get up on fairley well on the skinner boards but listen to the guy that rides the 142 , i weigh 212 and it was hell trying to learn on a 130 i bought a liquid force, god i think it is a 150 anyway it was for begineers and it was like daylight and dark pop right up and havent looked back now i have a selection of boards for diffrent things but when i am helping someone for the first time we use the 150 board just to get the tecnique down on how to get up

fab9racing

Seaman Apprentice

Well i went and pulled the begineers board out and its a obrian science 143

new boat guy

Seaman

i know how to wake board... barely lol. a beginners board would prob still be better. i can jump on it like around a foot high.

new boat guy

Seaman

what does the numbers mean? like yall are saying mine is a 142? does that have to do with the weight it can handle?

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Its the lenght of the board in cm. Some are marketed in inches, but I think that is just the Byerly boards.

It does have to do witht he weight it can handle. A longer board has more surface area, thus will keep more weight higher in the water. However, when trying to do board spins, longer boards are heavier and harder to move around.

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am going to try and kill this thread.

Do not buy a wakeboard from a Costco or anything unless that is absolutely all you can afford. But, being patient can land you some good deals. Check out your local shops for their Demo or Blemish board sales. Or, if you check out www.boardersbestbuy.com, they have a daily sale that is always nice.
Also, check the Craigslist for your area. I picked up my wifes Hyperlite Fluid 137 with Hyperlite Spin bindings for $100, and the thing had only been ridden two or three times.
Don't ever rush into buying something you will end up just throwing away. Invest wisely and get the best out of your money.

If you are a beginner, check out ww.wakeworld.com and READ. It will save you a lot of time and trouble. They have a great baord wizard that can give you a general idea of what you are looking for. They also have a whole bunch of How To guides there that let you learn so much so easily.