Aftermarket Wakeboard Tower??

cbrown54

Cadet
What is a good brand to go with? and are they easy to install? and does it need to be a specific brand to match the brand of boat?

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Aftermarket Wakeboard Tower??

What is a good brand to go with?
One of the best Universal Aftermarket brands is Monster.
But they come with a price. Another good place to find tower is DIYWAKE.com

and are they easy to install?
Depends on the boat and how good you are with precision meseasurements. If you are not comfortable drilling holes in your boat, and don't understand how to reinforce the boat for the extra strain that will be placed on it. I would recommend having a local marine store install it.

and does it need to be a specific brand to match the brand of boat?
Depends, most aftermarket towers are universal. When you buy them, they can be adjusted to different beam widths, but once mounted they are set at that length.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was soooo close to buying a monster tower. I read a lot and it was all postive. One guy in my marina had one. He did not like it. He said he had to tighten it alot. That my be all universal towers.

I have bought racks and my wakeboard light bar from DIYWAKE.com The quality and package/shipping is A#1.

I ended up buying a wakeboard tower , not universal, from a marine wholesaler http://stores.ebay.com/Great-Lakes-...QcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ16522215QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I drove out to there shop and looked at many towers in stock. Plus you can negotiate the price. The dealer where I bought my boat mounted it for me.

chrclo

Seaman Apprentice

I have a Big Air tower and love it. It comes with the heim joints and is easy to put down for storage. Its on a 96 Regal Valanit 182. They have a site just google Big Air Towers. And no I am not associated with them I am just happy with the product. Good luck!!!

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The CMC, Typhoon Tower is a quality wake board tower and a universal fit.

PM me if interested

236628420_o.jpg