AERIAL wakeboard tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rprilutsky

Recruit
Does anyone know anything about AERIAL wakeboard tower? Are they any good. Did anyone actualy installed one and used it for some time?
They are not expensive and look good. Should i buy one?

rad1026

Chief Petty Officer
Re: AERIAL wakeboard tower?

I have been looking at those pretty hard too. I have seen them go on ebay for as low as $750. Right now they are going for a little over $1,000. There is another model on ebay called Krypt that looks exactly the same as the Aerial. I called they guy at Krypt, I think he was down in Texas. Nice guy. He said both the Aerial and the Krypt are made by the same Chinese manufacturer. I emailed several people who had bought the tower through ebay and a couple of them responded to me. They said it is a quality product and easy to install. For less then $1,000 I don't think you can go wrong. I really like the way they have a side frame that the upper rails attach to. I think it would fit my old chaparral perfectly, but I'm gonna have to wait right now. Maybe in the fall or winter I'll pick one up when the prices fall back down some.

Hairygary

Seaman Apprentice

I have an Aerial tower on my Four winns 180 Horizon F/S. I am very happy with it. It is good quality and took me and buddy about 5 hours to install, which also included running speaker wire inside the tower. Check out the pic below. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Though there are other towers I like more (New Dimension), The aerial or kyrpt is the best tower for the price. Here is pic of mine before speakers and racks.

Attachments

• Aerial Tower.jpg
    Aerial Tower.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 0

Dood

Cadet

Hello Hairygary,

I have a Campion Allante 485 16', I want to instal a Aerial tower on my boat but I'm not shor if it would look good on it. You are the first one that I have seen with a tower on a outboard boat.

Do you have other pictures of your boat?

Dood

jimih2o

Recruit

Hi all. I've been looking for a reasonable priced tower for a while now, and stumbled upon the Aerial just yesterday. Didn't like the look of Monster Towers (tho the reviews were impressive), and was going to go with the Big Air H2O Tower until I saw the Aerial. It just looks like a $2000+ tower. Plus, the few reviews I found on this just raved about it. Spending less than 1 G for a tower, you are taking a chance, but with everything I have seen, read, heard about this tower, it is the way to go. Sooooooo.... Just got one off Ebay for $710 + $110 shipping - less than i would of paid for the Big Air tower. Will get back to you all when I have a few hours use into it.

sjayjock

Seaman Apprentice

I have the Aerial tower on a Centurion Elite V. The tower looks great and functions even better. It does install very easily. You will notice a bit of rattling at first and the bolts will need attention (tighten every time you get on / off boat) for the first month until everything settles in. Other than that you are good to go. In comparison to all other universal towers I have run into on the lakes and rivers, it far surpasses in quality in that price range. The only neg. that I encountered was the finish, mine is black and I have to polish/wax it a lot. Maybe the chrome is a better choice. But I could not resist the black tower is all chrome accessories, it looks amazing.

Uraijit

Banned

I have been looking at those pretty hard too. I have seen them go on ebay for as low as $750. Right now they are going for a little over $1,000. There is another model on ebay called Krypt that looks exactly the same as the Aerial. I called they guy at Krypt, I think he was down in Texas. Nice guy. He said both the Aerial and the Krypt are made by the same Chinese manufacturer. I emailed several people who had bought the tower through ebay and a couple of them responded to me. They said it is a quality product and easy to install. For less then $1,000 I don't think you can go wrong. I really like the way they have a side frame that the upper rails attach to. I think it would fit my old chaparral perfectly, but I'm gonna have to wait right now. Maybe in the fall or winter I'll pick one up when the prices fall back down some.

NOT SO! I'm currently starting up a wakeboard tower company, and have spoken directly with the makers of the Aerial tower. They have an exclusive licensing for the U.S. Nobody else can buy the "Aerial".

Seems kinda silly that they paid for exclusive licensing though, because there are PLENTY of other companies over there who are willing to make essentially the same tower. There's nothing unique about the Aerial tower.

They may be of the exact same design (which I think they are), but I can say with certainty, they are NOT made by the same people.

The company I ended up going with, is also the same company who manufactures the Monster Tower(tm). Naturally, they wont be of Monster's design, but they will be made by the same high quality company, side-by-side on the same floor with the Monsters.

:D

willbill

Recruit

You are aware that Monster is made right here in the USA, so if someone is claiming they make Monster, they are incorrect.

Uraijit

Banned

You're basing this on what?

Monster Towers is based in the U.S.

So is Chevy. That doesn't mean your truck wasn't manufactured in Mexico. ;)

I like the way this tower looks but more so i like the price. I was looking at the monster tower and I saw that they have a mounting system that is supposed to limit gelcoat cracking. Could someone that has an aerial tower for a while comment on how it is affecting their gelcoat around the mounting areas? Thanks.

willbill

Recruit

If you have been speaking with Candy in regards to the Monster Tower you better be careful, she does not manufacture for them. This is for UJ something or another.

breck marsh

Recruit

Hairy...

when you installed the Aerial, did you use the supplied round backing plate by itself or did you augment/bolster the backing with wood or something else? Just curious. I am installing one myself and am using some wood to enhance and strengthen the backing on the footings.

homencali

Recruit

Hey everyone, I am a nugget to boating and this site. I am actually about to install one of these towers on me 99 Glastron GS 185. I was looking to get some info about reinforcing it. The guy I bought the boat from said it didn't have enough support and was worried that the fiber glass would crack. Any suggestions? I got the tower from ebay for $672 with shipping and everything. Seemed like a pretty good deal but I don't want to break the boat. Thanks in advance for any help!
Rob

bluecollar84

Recruit

recently purchased an aerial airborne tower, looks way good for the bucks. Kinda tricky to get it perfect when mounting. I did not use the round backing for the mounts. I made My own 1/8" steel plates that are larger but would flex slightly when tightend to fit the hull shape. I used liquid nails between the plates and the hull to stop any movement of backing plate to help with stress cracks around mounting holes. Only complaints are powder coat is THIN! And rear arm bend is wrong from factory and I have to loosen rear arm hinge like 1/4" when folding. But other than that is super sweet for the price! Anyone have the assault tower?

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Monster Towers are manufactured by XTP right here in East TN.

If anyone is interested, you can come to Knoxville and I will take you out o visit the plant.

Hairygary

Seaman Apprentice

Hey everyone, I am a nugget to boating and this site. I am actually about to install one of these towers on me 99 Glastron GS 185. I was looking to get some info about reinforcing it. The guy I bought the boat from said it didn't have enough support and was worried that the fiber glass would crack. Any suggestions? I got the tower from ebay for $672 with shipping and everything. Seemed like a pretty good deal but I don't want to break the boat. Thanks in advance for any help!
Rob

I think you should be fine, but what you need to do is reinforce under the fiberglass. Aerial towers come with round backing plate. What I would do if you have thin gunnels is put a piece of plywood (3/8" or 1/4") between the supplied backing plate and the fiberglass. The more coverage you can get with the wood the better, so cut it to fit larger than the supplied backing plate.

And for all those people debating between a monster or an aerail tower, I am posting two pics of the same boat. Mine with the aerial tower and another with a monster MT1. The lines of the Aerail follow the windshield so much better and give the tower a cleaner more custom look.

Four Winns-Aerial2.jpg

Four-Winns-Monster.jpg

Fastrd400

Cadet

Okay for you guys that have these tower and installed them yourselves I have a quesion. I have a Seaswirl 190SE with a 96" beam. I have been struggling for 2 weeks now to get this tower on(actually the shop I hired to mount it has) It seems that after they got the rear hinges vertical the rear legs dont go all the way in the "H" tube up top to drill and mount the bolts. Anything you can think of that is being done incorrectly? Could that "H" tube up top be from a different tower in the line? I want my boat back and my wallet left intact.:mad:

PitchFork

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had no real problems installing the tower myself. I bought a used one on eBay and I had to clean up the tube to get the burrs off it as the tube would not slide in very easy. I mounted the tubes that attach to the hull first and aligned them to the windshield and putting wood behind three of the mounts as the fourth I could not because the hole came out right on top of a cross member to the dash board on the driver side. I mounted one rear leg and then slid the H into it and then took the front same side and slid it into the H and then connected it to the part that mounts to the boat. So the H then was attached to one side of the boat. Then I slid each of the other poles rear and then front in to the H. From there I centered the H to the boat and made sure the H was parallel to the deck of the boat. It took me 7 hours to do it myself including wiring through the tube for speakers, $16 Nav Light from Wal-Mart, and driving lights.

I had to request a installation manual from Aerial as it did not come with one from the person I bought it from. They sent me a PDF file.

Hope you figure it out.

lee123

Recruit

I have a 1992 supra mariah just wondering if anyone has ever seen an aerial wakeboard tower on one! i like them alot but the windsheild is not built with the curvature of the lower brace and worried it would look weird. Any help would be very much appreciated!

eric-holmes

Seaman Apprentice

Okay for you guys that have these tower and installed them yourselves I have a quesion. I have a Seaswirl 190SE with a 96" beam. I have been struggling for 2 weeks now to get this tower on(actually the shop I hired to mount it has) It seems that after they got the rear hinges vertical the rear legs dont go all the way in the "H" tube up top to drill and mount the bolts. Anything you can think of that is being done incorrectly? Could that "H" tube up top be from a different tower in the line? I want my boat back and my wallet left intact.:mad:

You're not from AR are you? My local shop is having the same problem with an Aerial Airborne tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.