Adding backer at wakeboard tower anchor points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

28wombats

Recruit
Good Morning!

We are putting a "Big Toe" tower from a Mastercraft boat, onto a Glastron 21' boat. It looks like it will line up pretty well but I was wondering how you guys access the inside of the hull to add backer. Take a seat back off or a side cushion?

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm not specifically familiar with your boat but generally the seat backs or padding on the gunnels is easy to remove. Generally a stud goes from the padding through the gunnel and is held there with a large fender washer and nut. Reaching them can be a bit tricky sometimes. A ratcheting wrench is the easiest to use. For mine a ratcheting box end was easier than a deep socket and ratchet .
It's also a chance to clean out that area.

skuhleman

Seaman
I'm not specifically familiar with your boat but generally the seat backs or padding on the gunnels is easy to remove. Generally a stud goes from the padding through the gunnel and is held there with a large fender washer and nut. Reaching them can be a bit tricky sometimes. A ratcheting wrench is the easiest to use. For mine a ratcheting box end was easier than a deep socket and ratchet .
It's also a chance to clean out that area.

This. Exactly how mine were.
I drilled my holes, then put epoxy on the hdpe backer then tightened the nut some to spread the epoxy,, came back and tightens all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.