Great trailer lights for those with PVC guides

MAC ATTACK

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After searching for an answer to my trailer light situation I stumbled upon this website. I ordered the LED pipe lights and installed them on my existing 2" PVC guide poles. Keeps my lights out of the water and comes with 10' of wiring.

Also a lot of other great parts on this site

Hope this helps!

Trailer Lights

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Great trailer lights for those with PVC guides

Originally, I thought too small when I installed PVC guides on my trailer, buying guides just tall enough for the boat. What I didn't allow for was that they would completely disappear from sight when backing my boat and trailer down a ramp. I needed taller. I bought a set of LED pipe lights and then added some more pipe on top of that with a lighted cap. Now I have the original incandescent turn signals on the trailer, combined with the LED (very bright) turn signals on the posts and lighted running lights capping the posts. Works great!

Boat Cleanup 017 (Resized).jpg

MAC ATTACK

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have those exact lights on top of the poles and love them. The ones I posted fit inside the poles and replaced my regular trailer lights for stop/turn/tail lamps. They are very bright and stay out of the water. The lights on top are awesome for backing the trailer and visibility from the rear view mirror.

alldodge

Staff member

I use LED's because it doesn't matter if they are in or out of the water. If the LED comes in contact with water it doesn't matter because the LED it self is sealed and no heat.

MAC ATTACK

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use LED's because it doesn't matter if they are in or out of the water. If the LED comes in contact with water it doesn't matter because the LED it self is sealed and no heat.

Agree totally until I started fishing in saltwater.

Bondo

Staff member

What's saltwater got to do with it? I don't understand your comment.

Ayuh,... The Leds don't care, the wirin' rots off though,...

MAC ATTACK

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What's saltwater got to do with it? I don't understand your comment.

Has nothing to do with the LED's, but more to do with the connections for the wiring and even the wiring itself. Not sure why, but I am in the process of re-wiring my trailer (bought from a guy in florida who only fished saltwater) because of the deteriorated wire. I have always fished freshwater until recently, and have never seen wiring in this condition. Along with the leaf springs, bunk board mounts etc.

I am starting to understand why a lot of saltwater marina's have hoist to put your boat in and out.