Most USEFUL Trailer Accessory? Including Homemade!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Most USEFUL Trailer Accessory? Including Homemade!

00 1aa.jpg

Skid plate to pull the trailer back up onto the ramp where powerloaders have scoured out a deep hole.

kendamn

Recruit

Truck mirror mounted on post so I can see the coupler and back the ball right underneath it. I do this on every trailer but have never seen anyone else do it.

Bubbles Up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

One thing that I added to my trailer was a second set of eye bolts to keep the safety chains of the ground, when not in use.I also hang my electrical connector on it too.
Next time I'm at Canadian Tire or Cabelas I will buy a set of those bolt on retracting tie downs.

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

For me, right now, it's a toss up between the tongue jack with the eight inch wheel, the home-made angle iron and 2X4 guide ons, and the LED tail light and wiring kit with ground wires running from each tail light all the way back to the plug connecting trailer to truck. All were installed within a few days and I haven't had time to evaluate which is most useful. Especially since all three work so well.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

It,s gotta be the boat finally ! But homemade guide on bunks or post will be the next accessory ..

Fed

Commander

Powerwinch lets me load my 17' glass boat in 10" of water.

fondafj

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Backup Camera - with 2 cameras. One in the normal rear facing position for backing the truck up and positioning ball under the trailer. The other is a wireless camera on a post that pops into the hard top rod holders facing to the boat stern --- plugs into the DC 12 outlet (cigarette lighter). This gives a clear rear view for backing and congested road navigating. At 9'2" wide and 13'4" tall the camera helps to see around the boat beast. I have also used the wireless camera off the boat running on a 12v jumper pack placed on the ground to back into some real tight spaces single handed.
Wireless car backup camera color monitor RV Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Wireless Camera RVCam Day & Night Vision

82rude

Rear Admiral

though I do not need it ive read on this thread a couple of fellas complain about winching larger boats ,how about a 2 stage winch?i seen a guy crank on his 24 footer quite easily with one ,said he loved it and was saving his back big time.