Shoreland'r replacement decals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proselect

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am trying to search for new decals for my shoreland'r trailer. The previous owner used to fly down gravel roads with it and it has a lot of surface rust. I am planning to sand blast and paint the whole thing. I can't find any replacement decals for it anywhere. I tried to search posts on here to find info and I can't find anything. Are these even available?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Shoreland'r replacement decals

Ayuh,... If it means that much to you, any local sign company will cut you new vinyl decals....

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class

A while ago I was going to "restore" my jet ski trailer. Thru the shorelander web site I could have ordered them. Might be worth a look, if your trailer is recent enough they may have some n.o.s.(new old stock) replacements for you.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

You are going to spend YOUR money to advertise for shorelander???

If you are a die hard, just call or email Shoreland'r with the trailer serial #
and they can send you a parts sheet with stock numbers and availability.

Proselect

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's not that I want to advertise for them and that the name is so important. Its the fact that I think it looks nice and breaks up the trailer a little bit instead of being plain and boring. I guess maybe I am the only one that feels that way.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The manufacturer is always the place to start looking for a replacement part. After all, they made (or had made) the part in question. Off the shelf items like tires, wheels, bearings, nuts, bolts, and screws can be obtained anywhere but unique OEM parts are have a dealer only source unless the aftermarket demand gets high enough that it behooves someone to become licensed to make and sell replacements. That is very unlikely with decals for a trailer. As was mentioned however, with a picture, a Custom Decal/Lettering shop can make them for you but you might not like the price and they may not be the quality of the original.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Or, now would be a good time to try your hand at some custom pinstriping or airbrushing. Really go for that custom look. Does your bot have a name? family crest, favorite movie line, quote etc, or just a little tribl art, flames, waves, wakeboarder in action etc.....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Great Lakes Skipper has a lot of OEM decals and stripes.

Bondo

Staff member

Or, now would be a good time to try your hand at some custom pinstriping or airbrushing. Really go for that custom look. Does your bot have a name? family crest, favorite movie line, quote etc, or just a little tribl art, flames, waves, wakeboarder in action etc.....

Ayuh,... If I ever finish paintin' my wagon,... I've got a roll of Conspicuousy tape for it....
The stuff on tractor/trailer wagons,...
Ya know the stuff you can see 10 miles away, with a flashlight,.?..?.

Proselect

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree they should give you them for free but I will guarantee that they won't. I have some other ideas for some striping or something to match the boat that would cost a whole lot less than the name decals.

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

Put some flame decals on it.

They will surely make the trailer go faster.

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would like to get some for my trailer as well, its look awesome painted but could use something to break up all the bright white.

Local die cutter might be the best and costs efficient option.

Post up if you find any-ting.

Chris's CVX16

Seaman Apprentice

I too have an old Shoreland'r trailer. I painted mine last summer cause the off-white/rust was really starting to bug me. The decals do break up things but if I am going to stick decals back on it sure won't be their name unless they are free.

I even painted over the "info sticker" cause after 2 decades all that was left was the ****e background. What ever happened to stamping the serial numbers in?

Anyway I'm thinking the boat name or at the very least stripes, flames or maybe that safety tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.