EZ-Load Trailer Vin #

Pst76

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm trying to either contact MFG or someone that may be able to offer info on whether Vin # may be stamped into frame some where on a trailer I just bought with a boat.Original Decal is worn and cant be read. Is EZ-Load a model or is there such a MFG?<br />Thanks

ahein

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: EZ-Load Trailer Vin #

EZ Loader is a trailer manufacturer based in Spokane, Washington. You can call them at (509) 489-0181 or go to their website http://www.ezloader.com/. <br /><br />I'm not sure if the VIN# is stamped on the frame. Generally it is not. If you are trying to register your trailer in Connecticut without a legible VIN#, you will have to have it inspected and apply for a VIN# assignment. You will also need a valid Title or Bill of Sale, depending on the age of the trailer. You can find out more at http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=804&q=244916 .<br /><br />Hope this helps.

JRJ

Commander

Did you crawl under the trailer near the front? Mine has a tag on the inside of the rail.

Pst76

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the info, I was able to get info from EZ loader. Found nothing on the frame or inside tube. Person I bought rig from registered boat in CT but never Trailer as was kept at a marina. I Found old out of state boat reg #'s on older paperwork and traced back to town where boat reg was listed . As I did not need a name of previous owner they were able to confirm that at time boat was reg person also had a Tax bill listed in town for a trailer. They were able to provide me with the VIN on the Tax bill and I confirmed specs on trailer with EZ loader that trailer matches #. Now task is to convince MV that paperwork is accurate. I have bill of sale, Decal is on trailer but numbers are faded away.<br />Will see how it goes.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just got a free boat and trailer this winter...owner had title for boat but never got one for trailer...just registered it as "homebuilt" and never had a problem. Just something to look into.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

Bondo

Staff member

just registered it as "homebuilt" and never had a problem.
Ayuh,..... All but 1 of My trailers are "Home Built"...........On paper anyway.........

Pst76

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Guys, CT just recently changed the guidelines on Home built. You have to have used at least 2 different trailers or one incomplete and present picture proof of before and after. <br /><br />To many homemades I guess. Now if VIN is illegible on trailer tag even though I have it on paper you need to have a written statement signed and notarized by previous owner and apply for a new state issued VIN, $ another $50.00. Which means...I need to get all paperwork confirmed, state inspection fee's temp plate cost and travel cost to tow to inspection,<br /><br /> Ct only inspects at 2 locations in the whole state now, and they will assign new VIN. More money for them more hassle for consumer. Closest inspection for me is 1-1/2hr ride each way....

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

What ever you do don't go to Enfield. I just got raked over for no brakes at a VIN check. I had the old reg of Mass. and it said GVRW 3000 so I put it at 2950 the tag you could read the VIN but not the weight . The inspector said the vin was ok but I got a ticket for no brakes and inspection required. How they figured the GVRW? The tires I had load range C 1750lbs they double the amount Bingo! a completely BS method of burning you. Beware of this. Also I e-mailed Governor Rell about the abusive nasty employee's the state hires. I won't get in to it here the inspectors are nasty and totally rude ......Good Luck. I all most asked them where the line for illegals aleins was to bribe the employees for a vaild driver liecineces is............

rwidman

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Pst76:<br /> Thanks Guys, CT just recently changed the guidelines on Home built. You have to have used at least 2 different trailers or one incomplete and present picture proof of before and after. <br /><br />To many homemades I guess.
Or too many stolen trailers being registered as "home built". ;)

Pst76

Petty Officer 1st Class

Blu Lunch, I plan to go to Weathersfield, I also contacted EZ Loader in Wash state(where MFG) and got a emailed copy of the original mfg spec for the VIN Number. <br />Everything that was on the original tag/decal for this specific trailer. They just cannot reprint the tag itself. The tire rating sounds like a typical BS inspector with attitude. I would think tire ratings exceeding trailer weight rated capacity would be a plus. I'll post how I make out. Still working on restoring boat interior so not moving anywhere a few weeks.