Expidia

Commander
Re: Harbor Freight Trailer Lights

Harbor Freight IS selling outboards. :rolleyes:
66992.gif

Weight: 55 lbs.
ITEM 66992-0VGA
$699.99

I was looking at the trailer light kits at wal*mart and I liked the look of the rectangular LED trailer lights, looked identical to what harbor freight is hawking for $50 but for $40 at wal*mart.

I don't have much Harbor Freight stuff but the 1"-2" 3/4" drive socket set I got for $65 has served me well for the last ten years, the cheap ratchet imploded but the breaker bar is till rocking steady, and I have not split or broke any of the sockets.

Ya, I'd be leery of stepping foot on a rig that it's O/B said "Grey Hound" for it's nameplate :D
I wonder if HF makes auto inflatable life vests :eek:

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've never heard anything about Greyhound ob's good or bad. I do belive they are made by Jiang Dong engine company in china. They manfucture most the chinese engines used on new lawnmowers, there typically honda cloned engines. I would use that ob for a trolling motor or on a 12 alum boat thats also easy to row.

From what i understand to is they are pretty easy engines to work on.

As far as the lights go, a lot of people buy them, they must be alright. LED technology has dropped a lot in cost over the years. I wouldnt hesitate to use them, but thats just me and like with any brand make sure the wires are snug if they have the quick clips or you have to connect them together like with scotch locks or something make sure the wire connections are good and secure, with some grease.

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

I've never used the trailer light set from HF, but I do purchase a lot of other items from them. I bought a cheap-o grinder there because I didn't want to fry a more expensive version by grinding fiberglass. Guess what? That grinder is still running strong after all the abuse I've put it through.:D I also picked up a variable speed 7" sander/polisher that I'm going to use to shine up the boat, let's hope that holds up too.

As for the lights, I'm sure they're fine. I think you should be the guinea pig and purchase them first though.;) Please report back with the results, and if positive, I might just get a set for my trailer.:D

BOB

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know what he had to say as he appeared to be just a flamer, so he was added to my ignore list and poof he is gone :D :D :D great feature.

This is a well moderated site and a great family site . . . I've only had to use ignore with two other flamers since I've been a member. Don't take abuse from a flamer who attacks you because he's bored with life, add him to ignore and poof, he's gone, it actually deletes "all" their previous venom from view :cool:

What the hell is a flamer?

Expidia

Commander

What the hell is a flamer?

It's forum speak . . .

A Google search defines it as: flamer

1. A person who deliberately makes inflammitory or slanderous posts on internet message boards for the purpose of starting a flame war.

2. That one dude from Will & Grace.

3. The forum member's tendancy to insult and pick fights with other users earned him a reputation as a flamer.

You don't see flamers rearing their ugly heads all that often on this site. Check over at the Hulltruth.com for a good boating site for information, but p*ss poor site moderation.

TexasBayFisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Flamer is a derogatory term, and Expidia is using it in a derogatory fashion in that he is now trying to attack my credibility.
This is often done by those who know they are in the wrong, and judging from his first couple of responses, in my opinion he is in the wrong.

Expidia, I've asked you politely to move along from this thread.
I asked a specific question about a set of trailer lights, and you have ruined the thread because you have a personal problem with Harbor Freight. Not only that, you insulted several us for shopping there, saying we cannot afford anything better.

You're acting obscene and your frustration is misdirected. Once again, as the creator of this thread, I'm asking you to move along. Your rude posts regarding Harbor Freight are uncalled for and off topic. I am asking for opinions on a set of trailer lights, so unless your response pertains to personal experience with those lights, you need not respond.

It's clear to me and several others that you sought the opportunity to cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.