Bought a bought have no title or reg for trailer?

zarillus

Petty Officer 1st Class
Guys,i am in central florida,orange county and bought a boat and got the title for the boat. However the trailer did not have registration or title with it.Also no license plate for the trailer.How can i get tags and a plate for this trailer for the least amount of money.

Thanks in Advance

zarillus

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bought a bought have no title or reg for trailer?

Anybody in Orlando know?

zarillus

Petty Officer 1st Class
Bought a boat without title for trailer

Bought a boat without title for trailer

Anybody know what i should do?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bought a boat without title for trailer

call the tag agency an get a list of registered public scales, in your area. unload boat, that trailer to scale and have it weighed, (usually $10.00) they will give you a weight slip, take that to tag agency, and they will issure you a registration. Boat trailer are not Titled in Florida. i have had to do this many times, with my trading boats and trailers.

we will also be having a iboats Florida get together in May, you are close enough to come for the day or weekend. details
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=291501

alumi numb

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anybody know what i should do?

weld a piece of something on it and call it a home built, that's what i did.
fact is i have 2 boat trailers and an actual home built.
they all have home built titles, thus could be plated.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I am in LEE county, ( cape coral), no such thing as a trailer title. Few years ago I sold a boat on a trailer. Could not find the title for the trailer and panicked. Took the registration to the tax collectors office and they informed me I could not find the title because there was no such thing. I probably just gave them the trailer vin. nbr when I originally registered it. FRED

tashasdaddy

i gave the correct step by step procedure for Florida.

alumi numb

Petty Officer 1st Class

oh well, never wanted to live in flori du anyway. lol

Provo5

Seaman

I live in orange county . All I had to do was take the bill of sale with the vin # on it. Previous owner kept his tag and reg.

zarillus

Petty Officer 1st Class

Provo5 was the vin for the boat or trailer.The boat is fine it's the trailer i need to get registered so i don't get pulled over for no license plate on the trailer.I don't have a seperate bill of sale for the trailer as they came as a packaged deal.What DMV place did you go to?Did you use the VIn on the trailer?

Tashasdaddy getting the boat off the trailer is not possible right now.

Provo5

Seaman

Zarillus, I used vin number on trailer. I went to Winter Park tag office. When the clerk inputs the vin number it will come up in your sellers name and his tag it was registered under. Thats why you need to have bill of sale with you so all the info matches.

tashasdaddy

then wait till it is possible, as far as vin #. you cannot find one. never had a problem.

Getting Boat Off Trailer

you don't need stands.

1/you can lower the tongue to the ground. i would get some 6x6 or old railroad crossties cut the +- 12 inches, now block up the transom. 2/

Raise the tongue of the trailer the back of trailer will drop away from trailer. this is the tricky part. between the cross braces of the trailer block the keel lower trailer, boat will be suspended on the blocks.

3/ pull forward, lift bow again, and reblock i a different place. repeat until trailer is out from under the boat.

4/ to reload, just reverse the procedure.

if you were just working on the bunks, or painting the bottom. you could just do the first 2 steps.