Fulton XLT 10.0 Inquiry

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
It doesn't really bother me to get my feet wet. I always wear a pair of tennis shoes, with over-the-calf socks on. I really don't notice how wet my feet/tennis shoes/socks are until we get home. They are soaking wet, but are wet. The tennis shoes go outside into the sun and the socks go into the laundry room. By the next morning, all is dry!

But, am going to try and NOT back the trailer in so far and see how that works. Into the water or not, I still have to step up onto the trailer to unhook the winch strap from the bow eye. And then, if my wife is unable to pull/float the boat off of the trailer, I will have to back it in further.

One thing for sure, we are no longer as young as we were back in 2003, when we bought our first boat. It was smaller and lighter. A 4-cyclinder compared to an 8-cyclinder now.

We were pretty bushed yesterday when we got home! One more summer and our boating days will come to an end.

Well I hope you have many more years to come.

I have been a boater for 65 years, and have owned my own boat for 52 years. My first mate started with me 50 years ago this month.

We both have arthritis and that's why the cold water bothers me if we launch early or late in the year. All our boats are set up for easy peasy. My biggest problem is backing down the driveway into the garage when someone has parked there while we were gone.

Nevertheless, we are both in our 70's and still ride our Jetski. Not like we stole it, but at a reasonable speed below about 40 mph.

babubhaiya382

Recruit
In my case I have a SS eye bolt attached to the top of my fenders. While in the parking lot I pull out the winch cable and hook it to the eye. Then I back in and step on the fender, unhook the hook and reattach it to the bow eye. I can reach it from the fender, but not from the dock.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
In my case I have a SS eye bolt attached to the top of my fenders. While in the parking lot I pull out the winch cable and hook it to the eye. Then I back in and step on the fender, unhook the hook and reattach it to the bow eye. I can reach it from the fender, but not from the dock.

And your point is.....Bubba?

LuvBoating

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Update: We have now used the EZ Hook and Extender Pole twice and it is working good for us. No return for this! Our winch strap hook is slightly bigger than the EZ Hook, but it still clips in and holds. I simply insert the winch hook into the EZ Hook, extend the pole, reach out to the eye on the bow (as my wife pulls the boat forward onto the trailer) and hook the eye. Hit the reverse button on the electric winch remote and watch the bow come right up to me!

So much easier for us than using the old manual winch.

LuvBoating

Senior Chief Petty Officer
We have now used the EZ Hook and Extender Pole twice and it is working good for us. No return for this! Our winch strap hook is slightly bigger than the EZ Hook, but it still clips in and holds. I simply insert the winch hook into the EZ Hook, extend the pole, reach out to the eye on the bow (as my wife pulls the boat forward onto the trailer) and hook the eye. Hit the reverse button on the electric winch remote and watch the bow come right up to me! mx player

Why are you posting this "jmx player" on my thread????