2009 Tahoe Tracker Q5i SF trailer manual

kulle

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello,

Does anyone know or have a link to a 2009 Tahoe Tracker Q5i SF trailer manual? Cant seem to find from Tracker/Tahoe website. Just looking to see the process for living the bearings, proper tire pressure, etc.

Tim in TN

Seaman
I doubt a thing like a trailer manual exists. I run my tire pressure at or near the maximum stated on the tire. What's your question regarding bearings?

kulle

Petty Officer 1st Class
The trailer is in great condition and hasn't been used all that much(previous owners had spot at marina they kept it) and since I had it, since this past May, I've had it in the water about 3 times. I'm trailering the boat ~ 4hour so question is:

1. How do I know if I need to add grease to bearings?
2. Undecided if I should trailer boat with cover on of off.

Bondo

Staff member
1. How do I know if I need to add grease to bearings?
2. Undecided if I should trailer boat with cover on of off.

Ayuh,..... If it's got bearin' buddies, there has to be abit of spring tension against the grease,.....
If not, the bearin's oughta be cleaned, 'n repacked annually,....

It depends on the boat cover, 'n whether it can take the wind, at the speeds yer travelin',....

kulle

Petty Officer 1st Class
Dooley noted, will check the type of bearing fitting, do not think its a bearing buddy, but more like a sure-lube style. And yeah for the cover I'm back and forth, its not a semi custom or better, more generic, so I was thinking to add ratchet straps in stern and bow if I do. Just looking for some other opinions.