Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearing Buddies or Keep Super-Lube caps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
    95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
    07 Seadoo GTX
    Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
    G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb58 View Post
      Bearing buddys have a spring that starts compressing once the hub is full. Once you see the cylinder stop moving, you stop pumping.

The people that have issues are the ones that keep pumping after that.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FBPC1980604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	10817931
      The only thing that is temporary pressurized is the area between the cap & bearing
      "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb58 View Post
        What they don't do is grease any of the bearings and they aren't designed to do that. You hand pack.

What most people do wrong is never inspect their bearings. You should be pulling them every year or every other year and inspecting them.
        You know exactly what to do & not do, we're almost saying the same thing & I'm NOT saying you're wrong.

The reason I'm against them is; it give a false impression to most in-experienced people that giving a couple of pumps into the grease-nipple & their bearings are greased.

I wanted to give my opinion to the guy that original asked; what to go with?
        "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by may the force be with you View Post
          The only thing that is temporary pressurized is the area between the cap & bearing
          LOL...so absolutely wrong! If that was the case, even the EZ lube feature wouldn't work.

If people think that putting a couple pumps into a bearing buddy greases their bearing, they don't understand what they do. Kinda like you who thinks it greases the outer bearing.
          Last edited by bruceb58; December 2nd, 2019, 07:42 PM.
          1998 Wellcraft Eclipse 24 Cuddy
          Volvo Penta Duo-Prop 7.4L "LK"

2006 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21
          Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI
          "Common sense is not very common"
          "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." -- John Wooden

Comment

[QUOTEIf people think that putting a couple pumps into a bearing buddy greases their bearing, they don't understand what they do. QUOTE]

I agree with you
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kinda like you who thinks it greases the outer bearing.
            Dude, you're contradicting yourself. First you say it keeps the hub pressurized & then your saying the grease is not making it's way to & thru the outer bearing.

You can most likely teach me a million things about boats & outboards and such, but I've worked for decades on wheel-bearings (oil & grease) / gear-boxes / Transfer-cases /Fan shaft- housings / Jackshaft-housings. All equipped with bearings.

Having said this; I propose we put this to rest.

Comment

Dude, you're contradicting yourself. First you say it keeps the hub pressurized & then your saying the grease is not making it's way to & thru the outer bearing.
              If you hand pack the bearing and fill the hub with grease, it won't make it to the outer bearing and it's not its purpose to grease any bearing.

You said they were garbage yet you don't even know how they work! Maybe you should read how they work!

Please note that it says NOTHING about greasing any bearings.

https://www.bearingbuddy.com/how-bb-works

Last edited by bruceb58; December 3rd, 2019, 11:59 AM.

Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI

Comment

[QUOTE=bruceb58;n10818012]If you hand pack the bearing and fill the hub with grease, it won't make it to the outer bearing and it's not its purpose to grease any bearing.]QUOTE

Again like I said earlier; You know exactly what to do & not to do / The reason I'm against them is; it give a false impression to most in-experienced people that giving a couple of pumps into the grease-nipple & their bearings are greased.

Why have it? when you have to grease the bearings the conventional way even when equipped with them.
                have double-lips seals. grease stays in & your water stay out

THE END

Comment

have double-lips seals. grease stays in & your water stay out
                  LOL...Now that there is funny!

Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI

Comment

Have the easy lube spindles. I have seen how the grease flows to the inner, and forces out the old to the front, gently. No seal issues. I do this 2 times per season by jacking up each wheel, spinning it while easily putting in grease. WORKS GREAT. Preffered to Buddy Bearings.

Comment

Working...
                    X