Tire pressure

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I used to repack and replace rear seals annually. Then, one year I tried bearing buddies and just maintained them per the instructions. Nine years later I joined this forum and read all about how bad they are. That Fall I pulled all the wheels to repack them, only to find that there was no water in the hubs, all bearings were fully greased and everything was fine. Made me mad that I went thru all that trouble. They haven't been redone ever since.

I'm the same way. Always used Buddies and never looked at the bearings since. Never had a failure either. 12yrs on my current trailer....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And original air in the tires. Must be OEM air is the best - Right, Musky? Actually air from 12 years ago is probably better.

bigdee

Commander
And original air in the tires. Must be OEM air is the best - Right, Musky? Actually air from 12 years ago is probably better.

I have a good supply of 30 year old air that will guarantee good performance at min/max pressure. It is rare and price is premium so if your interested contact me. I also have plenty of hot air.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The air today is not up to the quality that it was 12yrs ago. Just like everything else, so yes, if you can get oem air, buy a bunch. It's not like they produce it anymorre.....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Since the rest of the molecules are smaller and have escaped, you are probably left with 100% nitrogen by now. People pay good money for that amazing stuff.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
here you go
maxresdefault.jpg

MRS

Commander
Make sure to test air if only shows 12 volts and not 13.2 volts it is bad air. Make sure fully inflated before checking volts.:wink-new:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Make sure to test air if only shows 12 volts and not 13.2 volts it is bad air. Make sure fully inflated before checking volts.:wink-new:

Got that right! I borrowed a friends trailer, he had 24 volt air in the tires! No wonder the lights kept blowing out.....

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
They all start out at 24 volts right after you remove the air hose, especially when filled with fresh air.

They should drop down to 12 volts after you put a load on them.

So make sure you fill with fresh air, them place a brick on top of to, THEN and only then, check the volts.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
They all start out at 24 volts right after you remove the air hose, especially when filled with fresh air.

They should drop down to 12 volts after you put a load on them.

So make sure you fill with fresh air, them place a brick on top of to, THEN and only then, check the volts.

Shoot. I lowered it to 12 volts. I suppose now its at 6 volts, I'd best call him and tell him......

The Force power

Commander
If the Hub-diodes are blown, it will show AC voltage & followed by peaking the air-pressure to 5 AMPS

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
MOD EDIT - Political comment

Last edited by a moderator: