Tire pressure

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, this sure is an interesting conversation... Did I mention I max the air pressure on my 12yr old tires...:D

sam am I

Commander
If a tires wires could get crimped or soldered, how much over inflation could the tires be over inflated if the tires wires were crimped? or soldered?

Last edited:

The Force power

Commander
If a tires wires could get crimped or soldered, how much over inflation could the tires be over inflated if the tires wires were crimped? or soldered?

Depends on the gauge wire that's being used mostly. I'd say;:rofl: anything under #6 gauge I would solder & crimp

AND borrow a hammer off Grub54891

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I tried #6 gauge and it didn't work. Fell back on my old reliable digital gauge and the air pressure was right on.

ahicks

Captain

Makes no difference. Results would be the same. (they wouldn't hold air)

The Force power

Commander
as long as you don't grease those buddies with synthetic grease:drum:

I'm surprised the mods have not shut this down :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sometimes you need a little diversion during the slow season. The OP was wondering, not needing any definitive answer.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The Mods are just lazy..... Bearing buddies? I pump til a bunch of grease come out them, is that enough? I know I'm getting grease to the back bearing because the seal is weeping.... All over the inside rim too. Kinda nice, now they wont rust... Just sayin............

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The Mods are just lazy..... Bearing buddies? I pump til a bunch of grease come out them, is that enough? I know I'm getting grease to the back bearing because the seal is weeping.... All over the inside rim too. Kinda nice, now they wont rust... Just sayin............
Must be half time.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

I used to repack and replace rear seals annually. Then, one year I tried bearing buddies and just maintained them per the instructions. Nine years later I joined this forum and read all about how bad they are. That Fall I pulled all the wheels to repack them, only to find that there was no water in the hubs, all bearings were fully greased and everything was fine. Made me mad that I went thru all that trouble. They haven't been redone ever since.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
the answer to that is an automatic greasing system

One of my plant production lines had over 500 bearings, all in a wet harsh chemical environment. We would lose 5 or 6 bearings a week. The downtime to replace them, or even grease them periodically was staggering.

The automatic greasing system I installed was the worst thing I ever did. Ended up replacing all of the mechanical heads with grease nipples. The time for a mechanic to put 2 squirts in each nipple once a day was much less than the time to maintain the automatic system.

The Force power

Commander
I used to repack and replace rear seals annually. Then, one year I tried bearing buddies and just maintained them per the instructions. Nine years later I joined this forum and read all about how bad they are. That Fall I pulled all the wheels to repack them, only to find that there was no water in the hubs, all bearings were fully greased and everything was fine. Made me mad that I went thru all that trouble. They haven't been redone ever since.

ok, you got me sold, I'm getting a set