No announcement yet.

Greasing Wheel Bearings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know what you think about that set up after you get the stuff together to service it. Never seen a fitting like that, but I have a small needle grease gun. I use it when I'd like to use grease on something that will allow about an 1/8" hole. No fitting involved. I just us the tapered point of the fitting to force grease into/through the 1/8" hole.

Comment

I have a grease needle for my gun but always thought it was for injecting grease under grease seal lips or other inacessible places....never knew there was a special zerk just for a needle.....live and learn here!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahicks View Post
        Let us know what you think about that set up after you get the stuff together to service it. Never seen a fitting like that, but I have a small needle grease gun. I use it when I'd like to use grease on something that will allow about an 1/8" hole. No fitting involved. I just us the tapered point of the fitting to force grease into/through the 1/8" hole.
        A LockNLube "Narrow Needle Dispenser" did the trick. It's an 1/8" wide pin with a tapered end, not the kind that looks like a hypodermic needle. The pointed end was just the right size to depress the ball in the fitting.

Worked like a charm, although it took 10x more pumps than a regular zirc. I see no advantage and only minor disadvantage. It is what it is. Got the job done anyway.
        2019 SeaRay SPX 190 OB & Mercury 150 4-Stroke & Merc 5.0 Kicker
        2017 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk & Mercury 60 ELPT Command Thrust & Merc 3.5 Kicker
        2015 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
        1964 Sea Nymph 14R & 1970 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5
        1960 Mulray 100 Dinghy, equipped with Beaver Oars
        1952 Lyman 15' Mid Steer & Evinrude Big Twin 25
        69 Outboards: 1919-2019, representing 11 manufacturers
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Member ACBS, LBOA, AOMCI

Comment

10x pumps was my concern, but agree, it is what it is. Anything beats no zerk!

Comment

Working...
          X