Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size trailer

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa...992055658.html

Is this the right trailer for this boat? I am interested in this boat, but the hanging behind the boat pushes me away?

No, That would be a fine trailer for a 10 foot,or maybe 12 foot boat.

Comment

Depends. After looking at all the pictures it appears the winch post could be adjusted forward at least a foot and a half or maybe even two feet. If it was moved I would say the trailer is usable but not ideal. I think maybe it was set back on purpose because it was normally launched at a very shallow ramp. Note the walk board installed on the trailer to help with launching and boarding. That in itself would not be a deal breaker for me if I really wanted that boat.
      The last suit you wear won't need any pockets. You might as well spend it on a boat.

Comment

Ask the seller for the model number of the trailer, and then contact the manufacturer.

Its a little boat, so there is not a lot of weight involved. I'm sure it could be set up right as long as the capacity is OK.
        2019 SeaRay SPX 190 OB & Mercury 150 4-Stroke & Merc 5.0 Kicker
        2017 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk & Mercury 60 ELPT Command Thrust & Merc 3.5 Kicker
        2015 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
        1964 Sea Nymph 14R & 1970 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5
        1960 Mulray 100 Dinghy, equipped with Beaver Oars
        1952 Lyman 15' Mid Steer & Evinrude Big Twin 25
        69 Outboards: 1919-2019, representing 11 manufacturers
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Member ACBS, LBOA, AOMCI

Comment

Ask the seller for the model number of the trailer, and then contact the manufacturer.
          I copy the CL link and use their website "comment" submit. I haven't heard from them in two days.

Comment

Trailer is a little short,
            and price is a little high.

Lots of craigslist sellers get overloaded with email responses, and just kind of give up.

They did post their phone number. Probably not much help for you, but
            perhaps you could have someone call him for you.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa...985693951.html

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa...983561455.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	01515_cTAE2VNIlpY_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	10806419

Medford, WI

Comment

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa...976125224.html

Trailer too long? haha
              Wonder if this boat can take 15HP.

Comment

Move the stop post further forward along with the crank and it'll fit fine.
                "If it ain't broke....don't worry, 5 minutes with me and it will be!"

1988 Sunbird SWL 200 - Evinrude 130 hp Looper
                1996 Trophy 1802 - 120hp Force (SOLD)
                8' Hardbottom Dinghy w/Evinrude 6hp OB (ALSO SOLD)
                Always In the market for nice, local area, sailboat, with the operative word being-"cheap"

Comment

looks like the post has been taken down. but you as a rule can move the wench mount foward to move the boat foward for extra tongue weight or to stop over hang. rule i like to go by, keep the back of boat even with your trailer. seems to keep tongue weight balanced right of course depending on the size of your motor. dont want to much weight on the rear, if theres not enough tongue weight, have fun going down the road. they like to sway alot.

Comment

+1 on lkhdjohn, we also make sure the back of the boat is even to the trailer for perfect balance.

Comment

Working...
                    X