Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllDodge View Post
    I like it

Wonder how well the trailer backing knob works, in commercials it shows easy peeze
    It actually works amazingly well. It's not replacement for knowing the old fashioned way, but it's one of those features you think will be a dumb gimmick that actually works. It doesn't take over the thinking, but turning a little knob 1/4 turn is easier than turning the steering wheel a million times. And where it really take some of the work out is going straight. Let go of the knob and the truck will instantly straighten out and keep you on a straight track. I haven't used it on the boat, but I use it all the time on my little cargo trailer. Next chance I get, I intend to set it up to work with the boat trailer as well. It wouldn't be a make or break feature if I were shopping, but its nice and I wouldn't shy away from it.
    1996 Mariah Z255 Shabah
    7.4 Liter Mercruiser Bravo III

Comment

Since a couple of you were man enough to admit using the pro trailer assist I guess I will admit to it also. I have backed trailers for 30 years. The assist makes is easier and I suspect helps people without a lot of experience. Programming the trailer into the truck pro trailer assist also helps extend your side sensors when your driving down the road. That is nice also.

Comment

Originally posted by AllDodge View Post

That would be my guess also, but I'm guessing we've all seen the guy in the boat and the wife trying to back the trailer in. Instead of letting the wife drive the boat and the guy backs it in. In this case I would assume it would be better

My wife backs the trailer down also... It seems really simple, but the absolute best thing that ever happened was cell phone coverage at the lake! We call each other and throw the phone on the dash of the respective vehicle on speakerphone. I essentially 'drive' the vehicle from the boat, telling her steering wheel movements. Works really slick, and we load/unload faster than nearly anyone else at the lake.

(my ramp is literally flat gravel on top, and then a 45 degree concrete slab that is 6 inches wider than the trailer, and falls off about a foot on each side. Even the most experienced backer won't be able to see their trailer for a significant portion of the back down to the water. Having someone in the boat on the phone is invaluable.)

Comment

Working...
        X