No power to harness??

Dalorean

Cadet
I bought a trailer harness for my 2015 Nissan frontier, one that has the inline 4 and the 7 round. I hooked up to trailer and lights werent working. I bought a new trailer light kit since old one was rusted and ancient. Then I thought hmmm what if its the plug on the truck? I put the circuit tester to it and it isnt lighting up. It should right??? Truck was running when I tested it. Theres 2 plugs under the bumper it hooks up to so it should work just fine. Assuming the factory wired it properly in the production line. Am I missing something? I did look at a couple fuses trailer related they looked fine unless I missed one

Dalorean

Cadet
Ok Nevermind I forgot to turn on the lights and blinkers😜 I'm not seeing a way to delete a post?

madsonp

Seaman Apprentice
Ok Nevermind I forgot to turn on the lights and blinkers😜 I'm not seeing a way to delete a post?

That's because there's no way for you to delete it, I'm afraid you'll just have to live with your embarrassment for the rest of your life.:rolleyes:

LuvBoating

Senior Chief Petty Officer
We have a 2005 Dodge Durango, that my wife had a Tow Package installed, when we bought it in Dec 2005. Our trailer is a good 10+ years old. Last year, we had the electrical/lights checked out, some repair done and tested. After hooking up the trailer to the Durango, and some lights not working, the trailer shop hooked up their Test Box to it and all lights on the trailer worked. The brake lights and right turn signal just wouldn't work hooked up to the Durango. I used a Test Light to check the electrical trailer outlet on the vehicle and it was only partly working.

So, next week we will have local Dodge Dealer check out the electrical on our Tow Package and see what the problem is. Have lately put in two new tow (right and left) relays in, but that hasn't worked either.

IOW, have your vehicle tow package electrical checked out.