Boat goes on sideways

rtoomey641

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi I have a 87 Wellcraft Antigua on a 91 Magic Loader trailer the boat always went on sideways noticed all keel rollers were shot replaced all with boat on trailer one self centering and 3 regular. When winching onto trailer boat is tilted to starboard what adjustment do I need to make to fix this raise keel rollers on starboard side? Thanks

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
on most trailer/boat setups, the keel rollers should NOT be supporting the keel, they are just to help in loading. Chances are you have the roller too high and it is rolling off to the side.

(confused about your keel rollers on the starboard side... Keel rollers by definition don't have sides, so are you talking other support rollers? Pics are helpful)

briangcc

Commander
This is a roller trailer isn't it? If so, sounds like you're a bit deep on your retrieval. Try dunking the trailer less, it may work better for you centering on retrieval.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
on most trailer/boat setups, the keel rollers should NOT be supporting the keel

They are supposed to support the keel. A lot of trailers that use keel rollers don't have many rollers/supports to the sides
zcz.jpg

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
That is assuming it is a roller trailer. I've owned a lot of boats, and have actually never had a roller trailer that had keel rollers (your pic). I've had roller trailers with no keel rollers, and bunk trailers both with and without keel rollers.