1999 trophy 2002ff w/a trailer issue

66tracys

Seaman Apprentice
I recently bought a 2006 karavan tamdem axle trailer . I need new tires on the trailer .
The problem is I have clearance issues with the tires that are on there now which are 14's. The welded brackets that hold the fenders on have about 1/2" clearance from the front of the first set of tires.The trailer calls for 13's but I'm hesitant on switching to such a small tire.. Here is picture of the problem, any suggestion will be good .

Attachments

• photo316857.jpg
    photo316857.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo316858.jpg
    photo316858.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

madsonp

Seaman Apprentice
I'm thinking your only options are to either get smaller tires, or cut and re-weld the fender brackets.

Alumarine

Captain
Why are you hesitant to get 13"?
They're available in load ranges from 1360 to 1710 lbs.
If properly inflated and appropriate for the load they will be just fine.

66tracys

Seaman Apprentice
People are telling me to go with the 14 I even talked a couple trailer places. Said the same thing this why i ended up here alot better advice than the local shops
I didn't want to cut anything on the trailer
thanks for your advice

madsonp

Seaman Apprentice
People are telling me to go with the 14 I even talked a couple trailer places. Said the same thing this why i ended up here alot better advice than the local shops
I didn't want to cut anything on the trailer
thanks for your advice

Well, if you don't want to cut anything on your trailer, I guess smaller tires are your only choice.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You have two choices, modify the trailer or get the tires the trailer was spec'd for, seems the 13" tires would be the easier option in this case.