Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez loader trailer whats is going on with this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really want to know how much and where its off buy a digital angle meter there $15 on ebay and have many uses from setting up your woodworking saws drill press etc I use them when sharpening my knives ( I may have an issue here) get the trailer on a flat surface zero the meter in a few spots on the ground so you have an idea how true the ground is and then see how the angle on the I beam changes in various places you could write on the beam with pencil from the front to rear and then you would know where and how much of an issue you actually have instead of guessing.

Comment

the spacing of the bunks look a bit narrow,
      NO PERSONAL QUESTIONS, THIS IS WHAT THE FORUM IS FOR.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies, I received a message back from EZ Loader via a sales manager, "Our engineer got back from vacation. There is no issue with the trailer as with the under slung cross members there is a natural tendency for the I beam to roll inboard slightly."

I have to disagree that there is a "natural tendency", as their are plenty of trailers from 2003 that do not have this problem.I still do not know what is causing this.The trailer's crossmembers and axles were replaced 2 years ago and are completely solid with very little rust if any.Its definitely not an optical illusion as one person pointed out, I can put a level on it and its definitely off.I am also going to closely example the Ibeam to make sure their are no stress cracks starting to form.

Comment

Originally posted by racerone View Post
          Aluminum is known to suffer from fatigue cracking.-----Not the material of choice for my trailers.
          New alloys and fabrication techniques have greatly improved the durability of aluminum in transportation usage. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to replace my galvanized trailer with aluminum if a good deal came up.

Comment

Working...
          X