1964 Johnson deluxe 17 trailer

slowhand35

Cadet
I recently purchased a rough Johnson deluxe 17ft. Boat.
I have about 70 percent of the wet foam scraped out so far and I'm getting ready to pull the engine to finished the back section.
I was measuring and figuring where I was going to raise it to work on the underside and realized the trailer it's on is not the one for it.

The rollers are in the wrong places for the trihull section and the flat rear section is not evenly supported.
This trailer is a very stout single axle, tilting type made out of large rectangular tube stock.
A great trailer, but pretty obvious not correct

Does anyone have pictures of a factory Johnson deluxe trailer without a boat on it they could post or send me so I can make something close to it that carries this boat better ?

Thanks for any help

slowhand35

Cadet
Thanks Jimmbo,
that will be a great help, I'll load it up on my laptop when I get home this evening and see what I can come up with

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Yes , I remember that those had a custom fit / factory trailer.----Does this boat have the 2 stroke V-4 inboard or other engine ?

slowhand35

Cadet
Jimmbo, Thank you immensely, in all the searches I've done I have never found these 3 files.
They are a great help with the trailer and knowing vastly more about the boat

slowhand35

Cadet
Racerone, the engine is a buick v6 , it's seized and missing some parts, current thinking is probably
switching to mercruiser, but not in a rush, concentrating on the trailer, floor and exterior for now

dwco5051

Commander
Had a friend that had on of those boats back in the '70s. The factory trailer looked like you could use it to move houses. His had the V-6 Buick and was green and white. There were a couple more in the area and all the same color.