Need help on who makes a 1997 Spartan Supreme 16 ft trailer

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
I think Spartan is/was it's own company as over the years I've owned 2 Spartan boat trailers and way back in the day our families boat had a Spartan trailer under it.

Not sure if Spartan is out of business or what as I do not see new Spartan trailers under anything probably for the better part of 8-10 years.

Actually I just came across a pricing guide and they only go up to 1999 for Spartan trailers. Maybe that was the end.

jbcurt00

Staff member
A 1997 Spartan trailer should have a vin plate.....

TyeeMan

Presuming he has paperwork. No paper work it all of a sudden becomes a "home made" trailer.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
If you need a vin number for plates, that can be fun, depending on where you live.

If you just need it for insurance purposes, any number can be stamped into the frame to make it identifiable.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
many states require the VIN and the weight when registering the trailer. you will need the VIN (located in two locations - usually on a decal) prior to contacting anyone.

here is the company that used to make the Spartan boat trailers
Tebben Enterprises Inc. - NMMA CERTIFIED TRAILER MFG
Clara CityMN320-847-2200320-847-3112
Boat Trailer Manufacturer (Old Spartan Line of Trailers).

obtained thru the NMMA list https://www.boats.com/reviews/trailer-manufacturers/

TyeeMan

Hmm, interesting. Looks like they just dropped the Spartan name and went with Tebben. Can't say I've seen any of those trailers either and there made about an hour away from where I live.