Trailering clips

Wave34

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would like to buy a set of trailering clips but everywhere I look, they are not available for my model.
They are available for Mercruiser, and Volvo 2007+, but mine is a 2004 Volvo Duoprop.

I asked if using another model and cutting it to length would work, but the answer was that the shaft diameter is not the same.

So, anyone knows where to get those clips for a 2004 Duoprop?

trailering clips.jpeg

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
The set I have do not fit tight on the ram`s either. I added a strap of Velcro to my clips and wrap it around the clip and ram, with it and the weight of the drive, it stays in place.

Wave34

Petty Officer 1st Class
The set I have do not fit tight on the ram`s either. I added a strap of Velcro to my clips and wrap it around the clip and ram, with it and the weight of the drive, it stays in place.

In case I don't find a specific set, do you remember either a part # or a model your clips were made for?
Thanks.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
never ever needed anything like them on a properly working system the load holding check valve is what should be holding your drive where you tilt it.

and that includes trailering 2200 miles.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
never ever needed anything like them on a properly working system the load holding check valve is what should be holding your drive where you tilt it.

and that includes trailering 2200 miles.

Its like having a spare tire. I haven't had a flat in 61 years of auto ownership, and 50 years of boat trailer ownership, so why do I need one?

The Mercruiser Owner's manual says to use it. That's good enough for me.

Wave34

Petty Officer 1st Class
My outdrive cylinders are not 100%.
When it is up, on a period of a couple of days, it will slowly move to the bottom.
Is there a check valve somewhere that needs to be changed?

In the mean time, that's why I would like those clips.
I measured my friend's B3 vs my DP-SM and the cylinders have 0.75'' for both of us. I don't know for the length but I'm sure it must be the same.

His boat is not accessible right now, but if I find something compatible for a 2004 DP-SM I will update.

In the mean time, why does the hydraulic doesn't keep the fluid in the cylinders? Does the pump requires a rebuilt?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Mercury sells them, so does Volvo, 3rd party versions are available from various retailers.

They will prevent severe damage when the 'properly working system' is no longer working properly

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Any Big Box store sells 'em, cut to fit and slit.

pvcpipe.PNG