Dilley Trailers Texas

melinprov

Cadet
anyone else have one of these trailers? I'm having a hard time finding info and specs other than a history of the company

jbcurt00

Staff member
Please follow the 90day inactive topic guideline and dont post to old topics

Closed the 1 you just posted a
message in.

What dilly info are you looking for? Dillya58001.jpg

Attachments

• Dillya58001.jpg
    Dillya58001.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

melinprov

Cadet
Thanks for the article. I am looking for how to ID it by the serial number and if it is the trailer the boat was sold with-as well as maintence information- I would like to rebuild the trailer and I'm not sure that my Glastron is the year it says on my paperwork and maybe more on the trailer will help,I have not found a serial number for the boat yet but have on the trailer and motor Thanks again some nice clues about the trailer there.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dont know enough about Dilly to help w that, but I am familiar w Glastrons. Post a fee pix of the boat and what year the tirle claims it is.

For a time Glastrons were made in TX, so a TX trailer under it wouldnt be surprising. If I had to quess it was sold w the boat originally, but only because the selling dealer used/sold Dillys, I wouldnt assume it came from Glastron w the boat,. But might have. A few did, like LoneStars. But LoneStar bought and re-branded a trailer from a trailer company, who escapes me this afternoon. So technically, they could be considered either an LS trailer or whoever actually made them's trailer..... Or both....

An early 60s Glastron has a serial number stamped on the aluminum L or C trim that covers the top edge of the transom. Very small stamps, 1/8in +/-, on the flat top or vertical edge, on starboard side of the motor, IIRC. If its early 60s the 3rd and 4th digits are year.

My 1960 Glastron Ser#: M160xxxx so its a 1960

melinprov

Cadet
Thanks-I did look behind the transom and I fear maybe that plate is gone,there are 2 holes where I think it should be. My paper work ( registration ) lists it as a V179 built in 1978 but the hull ID number listed on this is weird...V1791123451 my registration decal numbers for my State do match up-I wonder if someone rebuilt this before and used a different number. I can not seem to load a photo right now

melinprov

Cadet
well a update, as I was taking my front windshield off I found my Hull ID plate under the front console along with another one laminated into the cap-it matches

jbcurt00

Staff member
73gl-v178-179.jpg Does your V179 look like this 1 ^^^

That number doesnt decode as a HIN, so I suspect it was built just before or during the start of the federal HIN requirement, which would have been in Nov 1972......

No stamp on the starboard top rear of the transom?

melinprov

Cadet
it does look like that on mine the rear intakes are chrome,I did find the plate and another tag in the fiberglass while I was removing the windscreen-it was under the driver side console and it matches my paperwork. The Glastron plate is black ( perhaps repainted ? ) and no stamps anywhere on the transom. I think you may be right. I did see a add for a 73 or 72 that also looked like it. I would post a picture but it will not upload for me

melinprov

Cadet
Looks pretty strongly like it is a 73-acording to the serial number and characteristics-sorry I still can not post pictures, it keeps telling me "unknown error"at this point the motors out and the drive as well. the windshield is off and the cap is busted but not lifted yet.My transom appears dry and solid ( but I will drill test it ) and I opened up some deck to look at below,I'm sure some of the stringers may be bad-but the weather is cold so I may not get too much done till spring-other than the engine.