wrong trailer?

tebow666

Cadet
I just purchased this 2017 Alumacraft crappie Deluxe with Magic Tilt trailer. the trailer looks too big. The bunks sit out about 3 inches away from the boat.Is this trailer supposed to fit this boat like this or is it too big. trying to get pics downloaded

Last edited:

ahicks

Captain
Bunks extending a few inches to the rear of the transom is not too unusual at all.

You won't be able to post pics until you've made a few more posts.

tebow666

Cadet
They are not extended pass the boat...they dont toich the sides at all...a gap between boat and felted bunks about 7 in(i said 3 but more like 7)..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did the dealer set up the trailer?

Click on the Forum Help link in my sig for photo attaching help. You need to have 3 posts before adding photos - 2 posts to go.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I think you are talking about trailer guides, they are on each side, and can be adjusted in closer of needed.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Tebow, avoid posting in old inactive topics, like the 1 from 2003 you just posted to.

Post some pix now that you have 3+ posts.

Measure the space between the boat and the trailer guides. 1st it was 3in, then 7in and now a 5in gap....

tebow666

Cadet
again wrong trailer

I'm trying to find out if this trailer is right size for my boat. Just purchased 2017 Alumncraft 16 ft Crappie deluxe weight 1650 beam 70. The trailer is a Magic Tilt Trailer. Magic Tilt Trailer wont give me any answers they say call a dealer. The dealer seems to be slick and I have caught in several lies. The boat even had damage that they knew about but did not tell us. Guess the thought we wouldn't notice. But any way, the trailer is a CD16HW-1650 the specs for this are 15-17 length (which is good) weight 1650 (which is good) but the with is for 84" but we can adjust the bunkers and make that better. But the front -I guess it would be call bow support bunker (the one underthe front part of boat) is a flat board with felt. the Crappie deluxe is a V hull. Magic Trailer also has a CDV16HW-165(. which has the same Specs as CD16HW)..wouldn't the V in the produt mean that be for a v hull boat? Even better is the CDV16H-1650...weigh would be right, v hull would be right, length would be right and width is 76.....does anybody agree I have wrong trailer or should I just leave it be Signed, Frusated with this dealer!!

GA_Boater

Along with posting in old threads, starting new threads on the same issue is also a no-no.

We can't offer advice until we see the boat on the trailer. Pics please, you have enough posts now. Follow the link in post #4.

tebow666

Cadet
I went to NEW TOPIC and posted. I don't know why it put it with my old post. I cant get my pitures small enough to download to the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GA_Boater

I went to NEW TOPIC and posted. I don't know why it put it with my old post. I cant get my pitures small enough to download to the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I moved it because starting a new topic makes no sense when two topics will have the same responses - Like we still need pics. Starting a new topic won't help with pic uploading.

What photo attaching method are you using?

briangcc

Commander
Here's a direct link to photo assistance...

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/forum-rules-and-guidelines/9938375-photo-upload-tutorial

Without pictures it's difficult to tell if you have the wrong trailer or not. My hunch is you don't have a wrong trailer. Why? A dealer who routinely messes something up won't be in business for long.

If it's that disconcerting, contact Alumacraft and see what their customer service has to say. Their contact info should be in your Owner's Manual. You may find out that this may be typical of the setup for this model of boat.