Can someone tell me where to find a bow stop like this one?

Squibbly

Cadet
Hey all,

I recently purchased an old ragin cajun boat. The P.O. put a winch stand with bow stop in front of the existing winch stand, but the boat sits too far back off the trailer in this configuration.

Here is a picture of a bow stop that would work well with my trailer and original winch stand, but I can't seem to find where to buy it. It looks like a bolt on.

BowStop

Here is another boat with the same thing.

BowStop2

Thanks in advance.

-Squib

Squibbly

Cadet
Thanks GA_Boater

Here is a picture of the boat. You can see in this picture, the original winch stand, and what the P.O. setup.

Boat1

I don't have a good picture of the rear of the boat, but the transom hangs past the trailer, about the same distance that you would expect putting the winch back on the original stand would correct...and I'd be able to use a transom saver, which I can't do now because of the overhang.

Thanks,

-Squib

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Can't you just move that one further forward ? I guess with only the small flat metal holding the stop it does look a little flimsy from the pic ..

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Looks like the rubber V stop is pointing straight up when it should be pointing towards the bow. You may gain a few inches by pointing it towards the bow.

oldjeep

Admiral
In answer to your question, pretty much anywhere iboats, amazon e trailer, etc. Looks like a 3 piece poly roller in the first picture you posted. I dislike those v blocks because that is what happens, boat hits and they rotate up.

Squibbly

Cadet
Thanks for the comments.

To be more specific, I'm looking not just for the roller, but for the stand that its sitting on.

I'd really like to use the original winch stand if at all possible, and add that bolt-on roller stand aft of it.

Just can't seem to locate that roller stand.

Thanks,

-squib

trailking82

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Give tennessee trailers a call, that is the style bow stop they use on their trailers. The trailers pictured maybe theirs as well just rebranded.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Looks like you are going to need to add a crossmember to mount that roller on as well.

Squibbly

Cadet
trailking82 Whoa! I believe you are correct. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get one.

roscoe I don't think so. I can remove the aftermarket winch/bow stop tower the P.O. put on there, and put the new bow stop in its place. Every configuration I have seen for these cajuns (that doesn't look "wrong") has a trailer like mine (winch on original tower) with a seperate bow stop. Every picture I see of someone trying to do it in any other configuration, the bow stop is either way too low, or doesn't touch the bow at all.

sphelps I thought about that, but because of the forward angle of the aftermarket tower, it would hit the original winch tower, and I still don't think the stern of the boat would be in the correct position. I thought about cutting off the original tower, and putting the after-market in its place, but the angle again would hit the jack. I think in the end, I'm going to be much happier with something that my brain thinks looks right. The bow stop I want is adjustable, so I can put it exactly where I want it, right over the eye, and run the winch right under it, pulling the boat down and tight. I'll stay up at night thinking about it otherwise. :D

Here is a closer pic of what I currently have. The stern hangs off the trailer by about 2 feet, which is what I will be able to correct it to if I put the winch back where it belongs.

Cajun12

Thanks everyone for the advice, and pointers. If I can get the new bow stop, I'll update the thread with before and after photos of where the boat sits on the trailer.

-squib

Last edited:

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
Miller makes a good mig welder jet makes a good bandsaw with one of each you can get exactly what your looking for in your own garage;)

Squibbly

Cadet
Tennesse Trailers couldn't do anything for me.

lowlysubaruguy, Thats what I ended up doing. I chopped the original winch stand off, and moved the other one back. Worked out to be a nice fit, and I couldn't beat the cost of FREE. I have a hobart handler mig welder, and a welding place down the road where I can buy cheap square tubing from. I'm not super confident with my welding skills. :embarassed:

Anyways, the boat sits where it should on the trailer now, I can tie the rear down, and can use a transom saver, and the existing bow stop, when the boat is where it should be on the trailer, actually works very well.

I used some of the money I would have spent on that, to get some lighted boat guides. I forgot that I had step plates in the back of the trailer, so had to cut spaces to fit the guide posts. Worked out pretty well. :D

I'll post pictures of the final trailer setup once I have a chance to take some.

Next project will be Hurculining a (thin) skid strip down the center hull. The boat is pretty old, and has clearly seen its days of beaching. The gel coat has worn down pretty good in a spot at center hull, so I figure some hurculiner will give me better protection than a stick on Gator Guard.

-squib

UPDATE: As promised here is the updated pictures.

Pictures of front: Need to grind down the rest of what was the original welded winch stand.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

Here is how the boat sits on the trailer at the transom now.

Transom1
Transom2

Here is the new lighted guide posts if anyone cares to see them.

Post1
Post2

Last edited: