Trailor right turn signal only not working

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
To answer the question, which is off topic, the trailer had a 5 pin connector including the ground. However, Four Winns took that ground wire and tacked it to the trailer frame and called it a day.

I would disagree that it is off topic because your suggesting to the OP to run a dedicated ground from the trailer to the tow vehicle like you did. Not the correct way to fix his problem IMHO & not necessary if both the tow vehicle and the trailer are wired correctly.

The custom trailer I bought for my CVX18 w/surge disc brakes a few years back has a 5 pin connector. It is wired just like your Four Winnns - works fine, always has. I have 3 other steel boat trailers (2 with 4 pin connecters & one with a 7 pin) and all are wired with the harness grounded to the trailer frame at the tongue. Pretty much how every manufacturer does it, nothing unique about the way Four Winns wired yours.

briangcc

Commander
I would disagree that it is off topic because your suggesting to the OP to run a dedicated ground from the trailer to the tow vehicle like you did. Not the correct way to fix his problem IMHO & not necessary if both the tow vehicle and the trailer are wired correctly.

The custom trailer I bought for my CVX18 w/surge disc brakes a few years back has a 5 pin connector. It is wired just like your Four Winnns - works fine, always has. I have 3 other steel boat trailers (2 with 4 pin connecters & one with a 7 pin) and all are wired with the harness grounded to the trailer frame at the tongue. Pretty much how every manufacturer does it, nothing unique about the way Four Winns wired yours.

Rather than continue to hijack this with a discussion on what my personal experience is, which is different than yours, I'll bow out.

PISTONESAL

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes issue in the 4runner everything works except the tail lights and turn signals if the running lights switch in truck is on. So basically not good to travel when dark out. I hooked up trailer to a jeep and everything works. I already replaced the coveter on the truck which solved some of the other issues when only the left was working. I looked online and in manual and could not find documentation if the truck has an inline fuse in it. Anybody know please let me know thanks