O'Brien Relax 3 man towable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royce Brown

Seaman Apprentice
I have a brand new O'Brien Relax 3 three man towable tube. When I run my 3 kids on it for an hour or so it seems to lose a larger than expected amount of air from the bottom bladder (back bladder is always fully inflated). I removed the bottom bladder and checked for leaks but couldn't find any. I filled it up and left it for a week and it seemed to hold air perfectly, but lost air again after a session on the lake........

Is this normal during usage to lose air from the bottom bladder?

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The reason for this is the water is colder . So as the tube is used the air inside of it cools also and shrinks . So it appears as if the tube is losing air. And that is the reason when you inflated it on land and left it nothing changed. I just over inflate the bottom one to compensate for this

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
The reason for this is the water is colder . So as the tube is used the air inside of it cools also and shrinks . So it appears as if the tube is losing air. And that is the reason when you inflated it on land and left it nothing changed. I just over inflate the bottom one to compensate for this

+1 on this Happened to me all the time. I keep a 12v inflator in my boat with an extra long inflating hose so I can inflate mid trip if I need to. As soon as I reinflate once, thats all it needs. Also allows me to quickly deflate and stow if we want to cruise around after tubing without a giant tube in our way..

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Once inflated on Terra Firme or boat, you need to re inflate the whole inflatable to its factory recommended working presure with a gauge once floating for several minutes to let the overall pressure to stabilize to a less one. Inflatable will slide better, smoother and be more fun to ride.

Happy Boating

Status
Not open for further replies.