tube towing equipment

tonyjh63

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've towed my tube around before, but it's been a minute. Some of my stuff has gotten lost/misplaced. So my question is: what all do I need to tow my tube? I think I had little harness thingy I used (my tube has a hard plastic hookup thingy on it), which hooked up to a 40 or 50 ft tow rope, which was hitched to my ski eye. Is that about it? Could someone post pics or even links to products they would recommend? Thanks!

tpenfield

Staff member
I've towed my tube around before, but it's been a minute. Some of my stuff has gotten lost/misplaced. So my question is: what all do I need to tow my tube? I think I had little harness thingy I used (my tube has a hard plastic hookup thingy on it), which hooked up to a 40 or 50 ft tow rope, which was hitched to my ski eye. Is that about it? Could someone post pics or even links to products they would recommend? Thanks!

I know the feeling . . . one minute I have something and the next minute it seems to be lost. :D

Does the tube come with the bridle or harness? Usually, the tow line is attached to the tube?

tonyjh63

Petty Officer 1st Class
Holy effing hell! How do i post a simple pic to this freakin' thread???

tonyjh63

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for the response! In the pic you linked to, the little white plastic thingy is what is attached to my tube. I "think" I somehow hooked a rope to that, then the other end to my ski eye on my boat. Does that sound about right? And does a 50 ft rope sound right?

Silverbullet555

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the response! In the pic you linked to, the little white plastic thingy is what is attached to my tube. I "think" I somehow hooked a rope to that, then the other end to my ski eye on my boat. Does that sound about right? And does a 50 ft rope sound right?

The loop in rope passes through the hole nd that goes around the notch.

50 feet is reasonable. Attach to ski eye or use a y harness and attach to that which would attack to lift hooks.