Mercury sj 90 , bayliner jazz 1994 tune up help

pascalmart

Recruit
Hi i just bought a Bayliner jazz 1994 with a mercury sport 90 hp jet engine and sometimes it takes a while to start it .

what do i need to make a good tune up ?
Should i change the gas filter or just clean it ?

And it looks like since yesterday the battery don't charge anymore ! is there a fuse for that because i open the fuse box yesterday , or is there a wire behind the dash board that maybe i unplung ??

Thanks for helping me !

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mercury sj 90 , bayliner jazz 1994 tune up help

First take your cabs off and clean them out well, next replace your vent lines that go from the carbs to the air silencer, also make sure you clean out the little elbows that the vent lines attach too.

Remove the fuel filter from the fuel pump and check to make sure its clean, remove the fuel feed hose going to the bottom carb and place it into a container and have someone crank the engine, if fuel pulses replace gaskets and gasket between fuel pump and engine.

As for your charging system, if you can get the engine running with the water hose attached of course or in the water check your battery voltage before the engine is running then after. if your voltage is less than 13v while engine is running your voltage regulator might be shot, also check the two yellow wires coming into the voltage regulator from the stator and make sure you get AC voltage while engine is running it should increase as you rev the engine. If this fails then its time for a new stator.