kawasaki sx 650 spark issue

duste60

Recruit
hello, i ll try to make this short and i appreciate any help. I got a 1988 kawasaki sx 650 from an naighbor with the motor out of if b/c he went through the motor and did not have the time to install it back in to the ski. so i spent a sat. puting it back in, with the ski in the water it will run fine for a bit then drop a cylender, ill shut it off and once in a while it will restart and be back fireing on both and run fine other times it will start right up but only run on one cylender. when i pull it out of the water and pull the plugs the both will have a blue spark but one is weak and is intermitten. the funny thing is the spark issue will alternate between cylenders. i ve also tryed differnent plugs and it acts like the problem follows the plug other times it acts like its the cylender. so far i have new plugs and resister boots and cut the wires back. i am thinking its either the coil is acting up of the pick up sensor by the stator and flywheel is acting up. also ive inspected the spark plug while the motor is cold and hot and same results. Any ideas before i spend money on parts??

duste60

Recruit
Re: kawasaki sx 650 spark issue

also when i look up parts for this thing the cdi box/ coil is over $300!! but it looks nearly identicle to a snowmobile coil/ cdi box other then the placemen of were the wires come out. I know i can get a snomobile cdi/ coil of $60. i even have one lying aroud i was going to try but have yet to find a wire diagrame to see what wire are what. Any ideas? is the jet ski one something speacial???