1994 Yamaha Waverunner 3 GP carb adjustments?

aliasjerk

Recruit
Hello all, I recently have made my first marine related purchase, I found the aforementioned PWC on craiglist with trailer for an excellent price. The seller had recently replaced the impeller, battery, and had the carb rebuilt. He said "Ready for water, no disappointments" and for the most part he was absolutely correct. I dropped it in the water, went for a blast and it ran wonderfully.

However, after a day of riding I notice a few things that seem to need addressing. The most important of which is occasional sputtering. This is a 2 cylinder jet ski, I figured that with 2 cylinders it wouldn't have a very smooth operation unless it was running at or near WOT. Which I am correct, running it at high revs nets very smooth motor operation and plenty of power.

However, I have noticed when under light throttle it feels like it is sputtering a lot, I also noticed there is quite a lot of oil being burned during this time, I am not a huge stranger to 2 stroke engines, so I know they are made to burn oil, but it seems a bit excessive under light or no throttle to have a small plume of smoke coming from behind the jet ski. My close friend suggested that the oil injection system needed some adjustment, but I am having a hard time finding a service manual or even if this is possible at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for any response that I get. :)