Wave runner won't run with out choke

carpetpete

Recruit
I have a 95 Wave runner and the only way to keep it running is play with the choke. I have cleaned the carbs and everything looks ok in them. Not sure what to do next. Compression is good 145 psi on both. Thanks . Pete

86 century

Ensign
Re: Wave runner won't run with out choke

You could be looking at the carb is out of adjustment.

What carbs are on your machine.

jmack3986

Cadet

Sounds like your air fuel mixture is off Take and adjust it all the way in and back out to 2 turns. Also check your fuel pump and your lines. Might have a kink in your lines. Fuel filter may need changed. Drain fuel Use fresh 93. Are your Premix or oil Injected? What Model ski is it?
If your Model Has reed Valves Check those to see if they are frayed chippped or dmaged. If they arent creating a positive seal it makes it hard for the motor to pull fuel up through the ports.

jbjennings

Captain

ONly running on choke is a classic dirty carb symptom-- in case the posts above don't solve it, clean your carb.
JBJ

carpetpete

Recruit

ONly running on choke is a classic dirty carb symptom-- in case the posts above don't solve it, clean your carb.
JBJ
I'm rebuilding the carb and I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your input. Pete

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

JBJ

yep. my sons 110 4 wheeler did the same thing when i got it a year ago. full choke to run it wide open. i just bought a NEW carb. fixed. then this spring again same deal. i fully cleaned. no change. the second time i cleaned i used air compressor in the jets and holes. fixed it.

jbjennings

Captain

When you rebuild it, make sure you're absolutely sure you don't bump the lever that sits on the float needle which controls popoff pressure if your '95 model has it. If so, it's pretty annoying to get it back right. You adjust popoff pressure by bending the lever the appropriate direction. Here's an interesting link that could be helpful: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=289786
I rechecked and saw you had a waverunner. I'm not sure what type of carb you have so the above link might be useless.