gas guage broken?

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have a 1996 Sea Doo GTI. The red low gas light stays on and fuel bar does not work. This happened last yr when tank filled then after the fuel level in tank went down the guage started working. Could this be a float stuck in tank???

Last edited:

Jhoppy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: gas guage broken?

the fuel gauge on my 95 sea doo xp dose not work as well i did some google research and have found that the fuel tank float detereorates and they sell replacement floats that will fix the problem thats my best guess

hoppy

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice

you have to replace the fuel sending unit mostlikly they have a float that is read bye a electronic board and they always go bad

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK - Is the and sending and float unit one piece? Is this accessible on tank? Ihavent looked inside at tank yet but I will now since prob. not the guage itself.

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did some checking on net, looks like its called a baffle float kit that drops into tank from rear (stern end) of tank. Tank has to slide out to the storage area (bow) Spec calls for 1 hr. time but this sounds like an end of season project for me. I am sure some guys have done this?? Like to hear the results.Thanks,Dave The part baffle looks available for 25 to (150.00 for new),thinking new one to avoid re doing it.