Throttle "Trigger" Alternative?

miketuite

Cadet
Hi,

I have a '97 Yamaha Wave Venture 760 which is my first venture (get it?) into PWCs. The throttle "trigger" (I don't know the correct name) on the handle bar is short. I can get two fingers on it and it's hard for me to control speed with it. Fine adjustments are just about impossible. It seems to me that a longer part that I can get four fingers on, like a bike, would give me a lot more control. Does such a thing exist? Is there another alternative?

Thanks, I appreciate your help,

Mike

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: Throttle "Trigger" Alternative?

That doesn't work well. I'd never want more than two fingers on the throttle as it doesn't leave much on the handlebar to hang on with. I don't understand why you'd have much difficulty controlling speed with it. Get to what speed you want to travel, then hold your fingers still. Remember that holding a particular speed on a jet ski is difficult because they are easily affected by wind/current/waves which require constant adjustment. On a bike, the bike isn't trying to accelerate away from you.

miketuite

Cadet

Thanks, haulnazz. I guess I just have to face reality and learn to use it better.

Mike

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

You might try Riva Motorsports. They're in Pompano Beach, FL.

http://www.rivamotorsports.com/index.htm

I purchased a throttle from them for my '97 GP760 (same throttle as yours I think). As I recall, it was SLIGHTLY longer. Not much, but a little. Then again, I may not be remembering right.