1993 90 hp force sport jet no spark

riverranger

Recruit
Hi Guys, let me start by saying this website is awsome i have a 93 90hp sport jet(force) and im not getting spark i have ohmed the stator .687 and the trigger 1.200 on all leads coils look good no cracks in magnets dont have a dvv yet so im lost at what to do next i had unhooked all the wires and now im not sure how the red wires go back everything else is pretty much a given but not sure how the reds hook up thanks in advance you guys are the best pictures would help

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1993 90 hp force sport jet no spark

Note very important!

Make sure you ground the sparkplugs well when testing for spark or you will kill your switchbox!

Check the kill wire black/yellow diconnect it from revlimiter check for spark if you get spark replace rev limiter else disconnect kill wire from switchbox check for spark if you get spark investigate ignition key switch, should have continuity in the off position and open in all other positions,

check for voltage on the kill wire coming from the ignition switch it should not have any voltage at all in all key position if it does it will kill your switchbox.

Check the high voltage coils and make sure the ferite core is not cracked under the protective rubber cover and check for proper resistance.

as for the wiring here is a link http://motorka.org/doc/mercury/service_manual/jet/SJ90_120_95xr_125xr_831996r1/sec2a.pdf

that one is for the black stator the only difference is the red stator and adapter the green/white and white/green wires go to the adapter the black wire on the adapter goes to ground then the blue wire coming out of the adapter goes to the blue wire on the switchbox and the red wire on the switchbox is left unconnected and taped up. everything else is the same.

If everything else test out ok its time for a new switchbox CDI-114-4953 but double check to make sure mine is a 94

I bought mine from MarineSupply Direct $239

Good luck