90's Era Yamaha Waverunner CDI electrical help

bgdillman

Recruit
I acquired an early 90's era (guy said it was a 1991, but I haven't confirmed) Yamaha Waverunner that a guy was in the process of doing a tune-up. Everything looks to be in order except for the wiring on the CDI. I've looked for a wiring schematic without much success.

I can provide pictures and exact year and engine model info if that is necessary. I'm away from home and wanted to send this out to see if it was an easy answer.

Two questions:
1. There is a yellow wire coming from the CDI with a male connector end and I cannot find any other yellow wires that it would connect with or anywhere it would connect into. Any ideas where this yellow wire connects?

2. There is also a white wire with a red stripe coming from the CDI and another white wire with a red stripe in a wiring harness that most of the other wires from the CDI is connected into. The only issue is that they both have male connector ends. I can put a female end on one of them and connect them, but wanted to be sure there wasn't something to go between the wires.

Thanks in advance,

Brian D