Help breath life into Neglected Sea Doo

Jhoppy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have found myself a 1995 sea doo XP that has been setting for the last six to eight years and I am looking to fix it up and get some enjoyment out of it and was wondering what all I should be looking at to get it back up in good running shape. So far I do know that it dose run I pre-lubed it with some gas oil mix down the carbs and spark plug holes and rolled it over by hand before starting it up, I was thinking

Change the spark plugs

Change the jet pump oil and inspect the pump

Change the oil injection inline filter and flush and bleed system with fresh oil

Drain and fill with fresh gas with some sea foam in the tank/clean fuel filter

Put some grease in the two grease fittings on the driveshaft

Give it a good look over for lose connections and rotted out hoses

Anyone with some more good advice?

Also there is disconnected hose that runs from the through hall fitting located on the right side of the ski located just below the rub rail inline with the handlebars i am wanting to know where this should be connected I am thinking its an overflow for the oil injection tank and should be connected to the black cream check valve on top of the oil tank but I am not sure can someone out there confirm this?

Thanks

Jason

coopin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Help breath life into Neglected Sea Doo

Well in my opinion I would replace all of the fuel lines and rebuild the carbs. That would be my first thing since it has been sitting for at least six years. Most of these that sit for more than a year need a carb rebuild. Not to mention the factory gray fuel lines are crap and leave a greenish residue buildup all over the place.

Jhoppy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks coopin87

coopin87

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No problem let us know how it turns out.

RickyGee

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I agree with coopin87, replace those Tempo fuel lines, especially if you already put the Seafom into the tank and ran the engine. Those lines are junk and the seafoam will turn the insides into vinyl goo. A friend put Seafoam in his 97 GTi last season and killed his ski. We just finished replacing all the hoses and pulled the carb. The internal filter was choked with tar balls and crud.

As for the disconnected hose, his has dual fuel vent ports; one forward below the rubrail and a second up high below the handlebars, both on the RH side. Hoses from the two ports came together at a tee fitting below the filter and the single hose then ran aft to the fuel pickup vent port.

Jhoppy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks everyone thought I would report back, I have had it out a few times now and have burned a fuel tank of fuel with sea foam and a tank and a half of regular fuel it seem to run very well, I did not replace the fuel lines they looked and feel ok and I do not see anything in the filter so maybe it had better lines on it to start with???

I did have a few minor problems:

it blew the five amp fuse in the module and I am not sure why? my guess was that I am getting some water into the VTS gauge and thought that might have something to do with it? (anyone have any guess on this?) luckily I was near the shore and had a spare fuse got it replaced and was on my way

the fuel gauge dose not work properly and I have read up on these that the float in the tank is the likely the problem

the idle is a little low at times 1000 rpm sometimes its right at 1500 rpm like the manual says don?t know if it just needs bumped up a little or what but as it was the oil injection pump throttle timing marks did not line up so I adjusted them to line up before I ever took it out but that leads me to believe that someone has turned down the idle speed at some point and it my need adjusted up some

my manual says the spark plugs are to be gapped at .020 of an inch that seems really tight to me is that correct or do you run a wider gap at all?

Thanks to everyone