gtx limited melting pipe to muffler hose

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 1998 gtx limited with a 951 engine. I keep melting the hose between the exhaust pipe and the muffler. I have checked the cooling lines for blockage, flushed all cooling ports, and have water running out the tubes showing cooling flow out the back. does this issue sound like a water regulator issue, I know there is one on the muffler, but I am not sure how ti check or inspect this device.

Leedanger

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: gtx limited melting pipe to muffler hose

Underneath the motor towards the back side is the line coming from the engine water jackets....that may be filled with sand. If you melted the hose thats connecting the muffler to the resonator...you've probably melted the resonator as well so be careful next time you put it in the water, be sure you are not sinking before you take off. Are you melting these on the trailer or in the water. If you are running on the trailer is your water supply good? Are you revving up so high its collapsing your hose?

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer
Re: gtx limited melting pipe to muffler hose

Melting in the water. I am getting good water at hull exhaust at idle, all hoses are running clean without obstruction. melts doen at higher speeds over time. I ordrerd a new water pressure regulator today. I will also be replacing coolaant lines which now appear to be soft due to heat phatigue. thanks for the post.