Servo opening and closing all the time

wilson973

Cadet
Just finished rebuilding my 99 Yamaha XL 1200 LTD. Fired it up and it runs great. Shut off and started up several times. No problem at all. So I put the cover on and went inside. After a few hours I went outside and I heard the servo on the ski open and close. The ski has been off for atleast 3-4 hours. What would make the servo keep opening and closing? I am completely new at this but I pick it up very easy. This is my 1st ski ever. Any help will be great. Me and the kids hope to take it out this coming week.

lexer440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Servo opening and closing all the time

I believe the servo cycles the exhaust valves and they do cycle after the engine is shut off but i don't think it should still be cycling after that amount of time. Maybe the servo cannot complete a cycle because you have a sticking one that needs cleaning, I see that you have recently rebuilt and maybe if you ran on hose a lot you may have some carbon build up because at low speed like that the valves would probably not open. I always disconnect the battery positive when I am finished with mine so I dont know what happens after a couple of hours.